Author Topic: Double the Estimate & Add Fifty Percent  (Read 3607 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Double the Estimate & Add Fifty Percent
« on: September 14, 2021, 09:41:06 AM »
When I was doing coding and would give my wife and estimate of how long before I came home this was her formula for figuring the actual time it would take.

I'm rearranging my competition guns and decided to trade in one of my S&Ws revolvers.   It had an apex hammer and springs plus I'd plugged the Hillary Hole.  Of course I put the original hammer, strain & rebound springs back in.  Easy Peasy.  Then I decided to put the Infernal Lock back in and save my plug for another gun.   The gun I've replaced this one with is a pre-lock model, btw.

Well that was an hour long job to do just the lock.  Little parts and springs flying everywhere.  Thank God for magnets.  When I finally figured out the technique for putting the stupid lock back in, got it all assembled, all buttoned up, no single action.  Oh duh, test before you put on the side plate stupid.  The hammer is different between lock guns and non-lock guns.  (yes I have a number of spare hammers).  Open her back up again swap out the hammer. 

So finally ready to sojourn down to the LGS.  Rex G7 458 silencer?  Or maybe a PCC?   Or just put it on account for ammo?

Oh, and did someone say they wanted my ~1976 era Charter Bulldog .44spl?  It has one branch of the extractor broken off, just the end.  Still extracts just fine.  Looks ugly.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

Re: Double the Estimate & Add Fifty Percent
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 03:29:29 PM »
Alf,
 Shut up.
Just STFU .
You and your G-D Rock Island Auctions is why I'm on Ramen.

Now I know it's not your fault I have no self control, I used that not strangling my ex wife.
BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO HELP ME !!!!!    ;D    ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 05:29:55 PM »
You know I went cold turkey on RIA.   Every month or two I'll peak at what they've got on auction but I've been able to earn my 3 year chit with no problem.
Will work for ammo

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 08:52:04 PM »
 ;D  I've been doing good, but they had 3 10/22's so I put in conditional bids .
A case of, "It was a bit inconvenient, but opportunity only knocks so often"   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 09:24:49 AM »
O-H   M-Y   G-O-S-H

John Wayne's SSA from True Grit & Cowboys is coming up for auction.  They're only estimating a $20K - $40k bid. 

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/1038/2465/john-waynes-colt-single-action-army-revolver

Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:37:47 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 09:26:41 AM »
;D  I've been doing good, but they had 3 10/22's so I put in conditional bids .
A case of, "It was a bit inconvenient, but opportunity only knocks so often"   ;D

When I do go check, and many times I do it through Proxibid to cast a wider net, I look for Marlin Camp Carbines, Dan Wesson revolvers in .357Max, HS Crusader or Winslow rifles.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 01:47:44 PM »
I love this item in Connetticut Firearms Auction.

FOUND MY MARLIN CAMP CARBINE.....   Except.... Well.

Overall Poor condition showing spotty oxidation and handling marks. The stock is cracked in 4 places at the wrist and the action is frozen open.

But hey the high bid right now is $325 with over 2 weeks to go.
Will work for ammo

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 01:52:25 PM »
When I do go check, and many times I do it through Proxybid to cast a wider net, I look for Marlin Camp Carbines, Dan Wesson revolvers in .357Max, HS Crusader or Winslow rifles.

I always wanted one of those Marlins.
They have been relegated to the "Cool to have BUT..." category, like Lugers or C-96's.
Only things I'm really still looking to get are a BuckMark, and a shotgun.
No hurry though.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1440
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 07:53:16 AM »
I always wanted one of those Marlins.
They have been relegated to the "Cool to have BUT..." category, like Lugers or C-96's.
Only things I'm really still looking to get are a BuckMark, and a shotgun.
No hurry though.

I had one in .45acp and like an idiot traded it away "back in the day". I STILL regret that. They took 1911 mags and were so easy to shoot.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 01:22:06 PM »
I had one in .45acp and like an idiot traded it away "back in the day". I STILL regret that. They took 1911 mags and were so easy to shoot.

I'm not sure, but I thought I saw something about the newer ones taking Glock mags, or being modified for them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk