Author Topic: Brass goat  (Read 1955 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Brass goat
« on: September 29, 2021, 08:43:15 PM »
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
Re: Brass goat
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:47:13 AM »
I will say that is an interesting design. It looks like it piggybacks to the magazine. For me, I think it would be a bit bulky and offset "balance" more than the mesh bag style. Plus you would have to change it to a new magazine every time you reloaded.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »
Looks unreliable.
To much has to work perfectly to avoid jamming.
Even a Mauser doesn't have controlled ejection.
Which is what you would need to feed casings into a non flexible box.
Mount a rail on the side for a coffee pot, like the rest of the useless shit they hang on AR's.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 10:41:07 AM »
Love to see a video before I'd buy.   I'm with Tom, a hard catch pan that close to the ejection port is bound to create a problems.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 06:53:56 PM »
I have seen the mesh bag catchers at the range, and they seem to work well.  But like Tom and Alf, I wonder how a catcher that relies on keeping the brass lined up will work freely.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:57:52 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 07:22:50 PM »
I have seen the mesh bag catchers at the range, and they seem to work well.  But like Tom and Alf, I wonder how a catcher that relies on keeping the brass lined up will work freely.

Yeah, its why I ask,  I may just have to go to arf 

Hell with current prices its about the cost of a box of ammo
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 08:04:47 PM »
Good House Keeping Seal of Approval,
The gun that picks up after its self. 
Since NRA was such a waste, maybe we can get OSHA to deregulate suppressors .

The idea of quiet just seemed to connect with self cleaning .    ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 08:37:23 PM »
I will say that is an interesting design. It looks like it piggybacks to the magazine. For me, I think it would be a bit bulky and offset "balance" more than the mesh bag style. Plus you would have to change it to a new magazine every time you reloaded.

It clips onto the mag well, not the mag, and is rated 4.7/5 stars on Amazon. Anyone try it yet? TAB?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 10:05:28 AM »
It sure has a good rating from the company's website.   ::)

I just looked at some on Amazon 1/4 to 1/2 the price that I may just try.  I can see advantages of a fixed container like the Brass Goat and also advantages of the bag type catcher.   For $10 the CVlife bag type cather seems best for me. 

No exerience with either one though.  I would use mine in the woods or in a hurry around the house so getting hung up on something with the fixed hard container is one thing...a bag with velcro that can pull off the gun seems to be the best bet for me. 

Yep, I just ordered one to try.  Also some of the Quicksilver 2 stroke oil Les runs in his guns.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 01:25:04 AM »
I have an E&L hard brass catcher that only fits ARs with built-in carry handles. I never liked it because I always ended up with smoke in my eyes. I drilled a bunch of 1/4" holes in the front of it, and diagonally across the lower right half for ventilation. But I still had smoking brass setting there in front of my face and quit using it. Later on I bought a Wook Company, Patent Pending, Made In USA brass catcher, AR-15 flat top. "Competing, dogging or an afternoon of shooting enjoyment. Brass is worth saving. Reloading your empties, saves money, improves accuracy. If you do not reload now, you will. Do not leave your brass behind." It's a solid nylon bag with a wire frame inside, that attaches to the forend with a 2" wide Velcro strap, and has a non-slip pad sewn onto the strap. The bag is only attached to the strap at the top of the frame, and the bottom can flex outward if it needs to. It has a zipper on the bottom at the rear so you can leave it attached to the gun and empty it, or leave it open to drop your brass in a pile on the ground as you shoot.

I don't use this one either, and can't find out anything about the company. When I search for "Wook brass catcher", I find Caldwell brass catchers and everyone else. I should use it, with the bag zipped open to dump my brass in a neat pile, instead of flying all over. I don't know where it will end up with the Tubb Precision Chrome Silicon "more efficient" ejector springs, and 80-percent greater power extractor springs. I don't reload, but I like to clean up after myself.

https://www.davidtubb.com/ar15-tubb-parts/ar15-extractor-ejector
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk