Author Topic: You Never Know....  (Read 926 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
You Never Know....
« on: October 13, 2021, 09:41:32 PM »
I've a Remington 700 5R in .308 that shoots like a champ.  Inside an inch at 200 yards easy peasey. 

Last week I drug out about a dozen long guns to tweak the scopes for the best performing ammo.  So I put the 5R on the bench just for fun and because there was absolutely no wind on the range so I was confirming the windage.  The first shot headed downrange and then...and then...I had to refocus the scope.  I ended up putting 6-7 rounds in a 8"-10"' circle at 200 yards.  Left one shot and right the next shot...  Dang it. 

So now I'm waiting for 34mm scope rings to replace the 30mm scope with a new 34 mm CT scope. 

All of a sudden things can change.  I was counting on that system to work flawlessly.  You never know.......... 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

Re: You Never Know....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 08:21:06 AM »
And THAT is why we keep the iron sights.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 10:45:19 AM »
Sooner or later everything fails. Usually at the worst possible moment.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 12:37:10 PM »
Sooner or later everything fails. Usually at the worst possible moment.

I believe that batteries work like farmer's.
Daylight till dark.   ;D
I now have several guns that USE red dot sights, none that RELY on them though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk