Author Topic: Mass bow attack  (Read 3386 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
Re: Mass bow attack
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 02:36:31 PM »
The training i had in the coast guard after 911,  let's just say a crazy person with a gun is so far down on my list of things a crazy person  could use its not even funny

But, that doesn't fit the current talking points and agenda.  WE MUST CONTROL, er, I mean get rid of those scary nasty weapons of war.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 03:15:29 PM »
But, that doesn't fit the current talking points and agenda.  WE MUST CONTROL, er, I mean get rid of those scary nasty weapons of war.

Yep.  Let's just take 1 shooting form a few years ago... the Miami guy night club.  By many accounts he brought a 50# back pack full of ammo.  A loaded ar mag is just over a pound( gi mags)  do the math.
He killed about 50 people and injured about another 50.  We have no idea how many of those were pass thru, but let's just assume  they were all aimed shots.

How many people would have got out of there if he had used 25# of black powder in a 6" metal pipe and the rest of the weight in nails?

What if he had 40# of anfo?( commercial fertilizer and diesel)  which has a energry  density of 3.7 million jouls per kg. By comparison black powder just under 3mj/kg.

Anfo has a pressure of ~25 kbar.  Thats 25000 x 14.5 psi

Black powder has a max pressure of 27000 psi..

Just to give you some idea of the difference in power levels.  They weigh almost exactly the same ( 1 gram/cm3 difference black powder being heavier)   if he had used either of those 2 things in his back pack the rates would have been much higher, I doubt the building would be fixable with black powder, it would not have been standing with anfo.

The federal building bombing was made with super crude anfo and about 5k # of it.

Oh yeah, did I mention no one would bat an eye from some one buying a 50# bag of ammonium nitrate and 1 gallon of diesel.  Its about 94/6% ratio by weight.  If you have half a brain and a chemistry book you could even remove the filler from the fertilizer and basicly make commercial grade anfo. With stuff available at every hardware store in the us.

Lets not forget the worst solo terrorist attack was in fancy and he used a stolen medium duty truck.

I could go on about chemical agents, and fire bombs, but I think I made my point.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 08:16:48 PM »
Dang Tab.  The feds will be on your behind now...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 08:21:28 PM »
Yep.  Let's just take 1 shooting form a few years ago... the Miami guy night club.  By many accounts he brought a 50# back pack full of ammo.  A loaded ar mag is just over a pound( gi mags)  do the math.
He killed about 50 people and injured about another 50.  We have no idea how many of those were pass thru, but let's just assume  they were all aimed shots.

How many people would have got out of there if he had used 25# of black powder in a 6" metal pipe and the rest of the weight in nails?

What if he had 40# of anfo?( commercial fertilizer and diesel)  which has a energry  density of 3.7 million jouls per kg. By comparison black powder just under 3mj/kg.

Anfo has a pressure of ~25 kbar.  Thats 25000 x 14.5 psi

Black powder has a max pressure of 27000 psi..

Just to give you some idea of the difference in power levels.  They weigh almost exactly the same ( 1 gram/cm3 difference black powder being heavier)   if he had used either of those 2 things in his back pack the rates would have been much higher, I doubt the building would be fixable with black powder, it would not have been standing with anfo.

The federal building bombing was made with super crude anfo and about 5k # of it.

Oh yeah, did I mention no one would bat an eye from some one buying a 50# bag of ammonium nitrate and 1 gallon of diesel.  Its about 94/6% ratio by weight.  If you have half a brain and a chemistry book you could even remove the filler from the fertilizer and basicly make commercial grade anfo. With stuff available at every hardware store in the us.

Lets not forget the worst solo terrorist attack was in fancy and he used a stolen medium duty truck.

I could go on about chemical agents, and fire bombs, but I think I made my point.

This is what I point out every week.  Like many others on here, I grew up in the 60's/70's.  We know what deadly weapons are.  Enter the 80's and a popular TV show that emphasized the power of items in every home kitchen.

It all still comes down to England's knife ban.  Long before you ban enough, you eliminate everything in our daily lives.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 07:56:17 AM »
Turnsout the dead were stabbed.
Achmed Tell l wasn't so great with his bow after all.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/norway-attack-killings-latest-1.6214907

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:33:33 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2021, 09:53:09 AM »
Says only the cop was hit with an arrow... I still bet liberals want to ban bows.

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 10:00:19 AM »
One of the most successful recent European mass attacks was with a truck. A U-Haul, Home Depot, or other large pickup or panel truck would do more damage than any firearm short of a crew-served weapon, and it's harder to stop. Police on foot are essentially powerless while the vehicle's in motion.

I won't even mention the mass attacks with kitchen knives, machetes, etc. that have been carried out in train stations and other public places in China, with casualties comparable to the Orlando nightclub attack. US media doesn't cover those, but the UK Daily Mail does, in detail.

Dirty Bob
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 12:25:58 PM »

I won't even mention the mass attacks with kitchen knives, machetes, etc. that have been carried out in train stations and other public places in China, with casualties comparable to the Orlando nightclub attack. US media doesn't cover those, but the UK Daily Mail does, in detail.

Dirty Bob

Then of course there is gun free Japan.
Almost no shootings at all, despite double our suicide rate.
The favored method is gas stoves and damn the explosions.
Their largest mass murder ?"
Sarin gas in the subway, basicly bad chicken soup and a science project.
If you want to kill some one there is ALWAYS a tool available.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 01:01:26 PM »
Then of course there is gun free Japan.
Almost no shootings at all, despite double our suicide rate.
The favored method is gas stoves and damn the explosions.
Their largest mass murder ?"
Sarin gas in the subway, basicly bad chicken soup and a science project.
If you want to kill some one there is ALWAYS a tool available.

House hold bleach and ammonia  mixed produce chloramine.  When you use reagent grade (chemical  company grade)hypochlorate and nh4.  It goes from being dangerous, to raging Karen with pms bad.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2021, 02:21:55 PM »
House hold bleach and ammonia  mixed produce chloramine.  When you use reagent grade (chemical  company grade)hypochlorate and nh4.  It goes from being dangerous, to raging Karen with pms bad.

It seems that we may be drinking it.

https://www.epa.gov/dwreginfo/chloramines-drinking-water
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk