Author Topic: Now the work starts.  (Read 1851 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
Re: Now the work starts.
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 01:47:12 PM »
Another example of the few bad ruining it for everyone.  Not just the other scrappers, but the whole of society that benefits from this free activity.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »
I am totally  ok with it.

Way too much metal theft, just like cat theft.  You will never stop it from happening unless you go after the people buying it.

Ita like drugs, busting the users and the guy selling on the corner does nothing.   You need to go after the big players.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 02:33:33 PM »
The problem is that the worst of the players are still doing it.  The majority effected are the legal, except for some IRS fraud, and the residents who got rid of their stuff easily.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 02:49:47 PM »
I am totally  ok with it.

Way too much metal theft, just like cat theft.  You will never stop it from happening unless you go after the people buying it.

Ita like drugs, busting the users and the guy selling on the corner does nothing.   You need to go after the big players.

One of the Sheet metal shops I worked in had to put camera's covering the scrap bins .
They got a call aasking if "So and So" was authorized to sell their scrap.
The company had a contract for scrap with that scrap yard .    ;D

Note for criminals, If it's the closest junk yard they will probably recognize the manufacturers stamp of every fabrication shop in the area.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2021, 04:38:37 PM »
The problem is that the worst of the players are still doing it.  The majority effected are the legal, except for some IRS fraud, and the residents who got rid of their stuff easily.

It does suck, but I can not think of any other way to stop metal theft.  I have done 5 million plus is metal theft repairs in my life
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:25:11 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 12:44:37 AM »
It does suck, but I can not think of any other way to stop metal theft.  I have done 5 million plus is metal theft repairs in my life

I like reading about the assholes burned to death stealing light poles.    ;D

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1438
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2021, 09:35:41 AM »
I like reading about the assholes burned to death stealing light poles.    ;D

Right up there with bad guys getting caught cause they are running with pants around their knees or shooting their own "junk" by having their firearms stuck down the front of those same loose pants with no holster. Nothing more than the Darwin theory in action.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk