Author Topic: "Re-write" not legally amend, 1st & 2nd  (Read 2635 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
"Re-write" not legally amend, 1st & 2nd
« on: December 20, 2021, 06:32:46 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/law-prof-suggests-rewrites-of-first-and-second-amendments-that-do-not-mention-free-press-or-bearing-arms/ar-AARY9Ww?ocid=msedgntp

The enlightened educated are at work.  The Constitution is flawed and needs to be re-written. 

First Amendment gets the addition of freedom from religion - We have already seen how the freedom from religion means no freedom of religion.

Second Amendment loses all Right to keep and bear, puts in right to self defense, and protects abortion.

"The government shall take reasonable measures to protect the health and safety of the public as a whole."
Not against this concept or plan, but where have we heard this type of statement used to strip rights?  In the last week I have been called a "Slippery Slope Nut" three times.  First one caught me a little off guard, but on the next two I thanked them.

Comments like "Be careful what you hope for," "Where does it stop," "How does this apply to other areas," and "What are the possible unintended consequences?" will drive these people over the edge.  Their prepared talking points don't cover those comments.

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: "Re-write" not legally amend, 1st & 2nd
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 06:54:12 PM »
I have a better rewrite of the 2a.

All people not incarcerated, can carry arms on thier person in any manor they deem fit at all times.  This is for the self defense  of themselves, others and tyrants in office.   No government agency can restrict the design, capcity, features, fire rate or lethality of arms.  Purposing or enacting regulations that do so is a capital crime.   The right of self defense  is scared, any person that injures an attacker while defending thier life, great bodily injury of themselves or others, shall not be held liable for civil damages if the self defense  actions are deemed justified. 

Hope that clears things up.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 09:34:58 PM »
Who cares ?
The "Free press" just fed you bullshit, and all you did with the 2nd was talk about it.

The new Republican motto should be , "Complain, but comply".

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 07:39:00 AM »
I am NOT a Constitutional expert but wouldn't it take a "Convention Of States" or Constitutional Congress to do this? If that were to happen, as I understand it, the entire Constitution could be rewritten. God help us all if it were to get to that point.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 08:20:59 AM »
I am NOT a Constitutional expert but wouldn't it take a "Convention Of States" or Constitutional Congress to do this? If that were to happen, as I understand it, the entire Constitution could be rewritten. God help us all if it were to get to that point.

All it takes is a judge's "interpretation"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:08:21 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 08:28:59 AM »

Right.  They can dump the Constitution and supply whatever they want as the new rules.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 11:53:08 AM »
Constitutions aren't worth the paper they are written on if the people lack the moral strength to enforce it.\
Constitution is supposed to reign supreme and f#ck the astro-turf majority.
There's no point stealing   an election if law rules because the election isn't relevant.

You should have stopped them when they stole your Republic.
After that it was easy.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 05:16:23 PM »
Study up on the fall of the Roman Empire.  The distractions that pacified the masses while everything was taken, and it all eventually crumbled.

Or,

Watch the Wizard of Oz, and pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

Gotta go!  Time for another night of football.  I'm so happy that the NFL is being strict so I can watch football almost everyday of the week.

Quick note:
While we are all excited over the latest variant, and the "betrayal" over the build back better bill, has anyone caught wind of the gun control hearings going on?  Try and find them in the media!  If the press isn't sharing it, it must not be happening.  What Bowl games are this weekend ...
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 09:09:31 AM »
Bread and Circuses.   They should have added "fear".   A population always in fear of something that, supposedly, only the government can protect them from.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 07:07:23 AM »
Study up on the fall of the Roman Empire.  The distractions that pacified the masses while everything was taken, and it all eventually crumbled.

Or,
<snip>

Look at the history of the UK...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk