Author Topic: GA Constitutional Carry  (Read 870 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
GA Constitutional Carry
« on: February 20, 2022, 01:57:38 PM »
It's an election year, so the Gov'nor want to buy votes by promoting constitutional carry.   From his standpoint it doesn't matter whether it passes or not just the optic of him trying to get it through is what he wants.

You'd think it would be simple piece of legistlation, but because the CCL is mention in numerous places in the GA code the bill must address everywhere it shows up.   Which explains why the bill is called,

To amend Article 1 of Chapter 3 of Title 12 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated,  2 relating to general provisions regarding parks, historic areas, memorials, and recreation, so  3 as to revise provisions of law regarding the use or possession of any handgun in a park,  4 historic site, or recreational area

That's just the first on many sections of code it has to address, so because it's listed first that's what the bill is said to be about.  After parks and rec, there's transportation, handicap parking, persons with disabilities, municipal buildings/land, county buildings/land, schools, nuke plants, etc. etc. etc.

A couple of interesting parts:

A lawful weapons carrier shall be authorized to carry a weapon in  a government building when the government building is open for business and where  ingress into such building is not restricted or screened by security personnel.
   ("law weapons carrier" is what is replacing "license holder".   Sort of around your elbow to get to your nose language.)

This isn't new.  But when it was passed every county and city scrambled to start screening at their entrances.  Many, especially smaller counties, hadn't before.

<in defining a handgun>...however, that the term 'handgun' shall not include a gun  which discharges a single shot of 0.46 centimeter or less in diameter.

I think they did this to exclude nail guns, BUT on the surface it appears to exclude .17 caliber.   Plus there are a lot of nails out there bigger than this.

Anyway, the legislation run 25 pages of tangled legalise.

Of course the media and gun control advocates keep saying the bill deletes the concealed carry license, which it does not.  Obviously, the CCL is good for use in other states and to circumvent NICS.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: GA Constitutional Carry
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 02:09:06 PM »
If he really wants it, or wants it to pass, he will have a Bill crafted with the help of key allies in both Houses, and then they will carry it and push it with his full backing.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 03:33:35 PM »
If he really wants it, or wants it to pass, he will have a Bill crafted with the help of key allies in both Houses, and then they will carry it and push it with his full backing.

If he wants it, he would have done it long before now. Alf is right, it's all optics, not a real effort.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 01:46:04 PM »

Don't expect quick results, it will take a couple days just to get through that title.

I would love to hear the blooper reel of the Pols trying to repeat it.
You can bet your life THAT one will get a catchy nickname.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk