Author Topic: 2022 Competition Schedule  (Read 6487 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: 2022 Competition Schedule
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2022, 09:30:21 AM »
USPSA Classic:   Had a great time.   It was hot and very sunny on Saturday.   Dry so you didn't realize how much water you were sweating away.  Had a great little squad.  9 of us, but 1 guy shot through on Saturday, so for Sunday it was just 8.  Monsoor Sabree and his wife out of Brooklyn.  Lee and his Daughter GiGi out of Tampa along with Segismund Araniego (JUST CALL HIM JOEY).     No I didn't win Revo, nor Class C and I didn't accomplish my goals.  I did really well in 3 of the stages and 3 of the stages just kicked my butt.  I'll blame it on the heat, but I just totally lost it on those three.    Sunday was supposed to storm with hail and high winds.  BUT of course the weather "experts" got it wrong.  There were some more clouds but just as hot as on Saturday.

One neat thing was they added micro printers to the clip board with the tablets.  They'd print you a copy of your score and print one for themselves to keep.  Much better than copying the scores from the tablet to paper and yet you still have an auditable backup.   BUT WAIT.  That's not all, you can also print squad listings and other things.  On the bays were we shot 2 quick stages, it made it easier for one volunteer to call out the Up Next, On Deck and In The Hole.  They like doing an alternating order left and right.  Makes it confusing for the competitors.  Why they don't just cut the squad in the middle so we can retain the same order?

The stages were very neat.  Mostly designed around 8 shots, but the SS boys had 1 extra round.  We revo guys had to make every shot count in order not to have an extra reload.  They had two stages that were identical.  You shot one one day and the other the next.  The only twist was the last three targets had to be shot strong hand only on one and weak hand only on the other.

Disappointments:   First CMP allowed competitors to reserved golf carts months ahead of time, but CMP decided that the shotgun tourney should have priority.  They didn't however contact the competitors and let them know ahead that their reservation was cancelled.   So peopled were pissed.   However, on Sunday, I had the forethought to ask and was able to get a cart for the day as the shotgun tourney was over.   Since my squad was shooting high bays it turned out to be a blessing.  I ferried several squad members back and forth from the parking lot.   Secondly, there were only 4 vendors booths.  HD Gold and Prem-ear of course, Lyman Revolution 7 machine and another electronic hearing protection company.  No souvenir T-shirts, no food, (CMP did keep coolers at each bay stocked with ice and water, and USPSA had a snack cart running around all day)  No other sponsor booths, no guns to try out, nada.  Then I think that reflects that the Lo-cap are considered a step child these days.  L-10, SS and Revo are not drawing the big crowds like CO and PCC.

Didn't stay for awards or food, but high tailed it on back to ATL.  Waze said traffic was light and indeed it was so it was a good choice.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2022, 11:01:01 AM »
Oh, 233 out of 269 overall.   37 of 39 Revo.   Beat John Scouten who was shooting SS.  Tip of the hat to him and Shooting USA.   John has gone through NROI and did a story about it.  He did earn his RO.  So for this National, he shot on Friday and  RO'd all day Saturday and Sunday.   Like Michael, he walks the walk, not just a figure in front of the camera.  We had a nice chat on his stage.
Will work for ammo

BAC

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 11:40:10 AM »
Single stack?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 03:28:06 PM »
Revo. Revolver. Wheel gun. Real gun.
Will work for ammo

BAC

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 07:04:11 PM »
Sorry, you said John Scouten was shooting SS. Be that single stack?

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:23:38 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 10:14:46 PM »
Yes, SS = Single Stack
Will work for ammo

BAC

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2022, 12:16:44 AM »
Groovy

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2022, 11:10:24 AM »
USPSA was nice enough to film one slow, old revolver shooter and post it on-line.

This was stage 11.  Visual start.  The lights aren't clear in the video but were fairly bright in person.  They are on the rear of the table under the cloth to keep them cool. Activated by the timer (The CEDGO light unit w/ CED 7000 timer).

Yes 4 shots per target.  Don't think the reload was mandatory, but everybody did it after 8, especially Revolvers - duh.

10As 6Cs 14.99sec.   Place 198/269 against Single Stack and Limited-10

https://player.vimeo.com/video/714769963

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2022, 11:17:30 AM »
STEEL CHALLENGE

It's official!  I've classified in 11 of the 13 divisions.   Only PCCOpen and PCCIron sights to go.  This Sunday I'll do PCCO with iron sights.  Yes, optics are not required for the "Open" Divisions.  That way I've actually practice with the iron sights before I go to the PCCI Division in September.  Sneaky huh. 

Our SC matches are so popular the range strongly suggested they only allow one entry per person to accommodate as many as possible.  But I may just politely as, day of match, if they'd let me do two entries and be done with it.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2022, 10:16:30 AM »
SHOOTING STEEL:   Yes I'm classified in 12 divisions and go for my 13th this Sunday.   I'll be among the first 250th to complete all divisions.  Of course we're all overshadowed by Cory Klemashevic, who has accomplished Grand Master in all 13 SCSA Divisions and in the 8 USPSA divisions.  WOW.

USPSA GA STATE: 

HEAR YE!  HEAR YE!   You are looking at the 1st Place GA state champion in the Revolver Division.

(The fact that I was the only revolver competitor should not dampen that claim.  The rest were too scared to go up against me..... I wish.)

I don't know how many other state/regional matches are doing this, but GA has used volunteers to do all the pasting.  So you just shoot.  That's it.  We had a small squad, 6, due to a no show.   It was relaxing and I enjoyed all the stages.  Well on one I did take an inadvertent makeup shot and that totally screwed up my stage plan.  When you only have 8 rounds it makes a huge difference.   But I didn't forget to engage any targets.  My goal, if any, was to stay near the Single Stack guys, all 5 of them, which in the final result I was just behind them.  So not bad.    233/244.  I did shine on Stage 9.  175th place.  It was a skills stage where accuracy counts a bit more than regular stages.   (4 unobscured targets, 2 at 20yds & 2 at 10yds, then 2 targets half-covered with No Shoots at 10yds.  You have to shoot one group strong hand only, the other freestyle.   I chose the 4 unobscured targets freestyle for speed, and the 2 half targets SHO.  I noticed some did it the other way trying to avoid a Hit Penalty.)   

There was also one stage with a drop turner activated by a stomp plate.  Not visible at rest, best FOUR shots counted.  Most people just gave it lip service and some Masters just skipped it altogether.   I got 2C and 2D.  My feeling was it's a potential 20points for 2-4 seconds of effort.  And I think if you didn't at least stomp and fire off one shot you should have gotten some type of penalty, but because they were NoPenaltyMisses, some opted to not even stomp on the plate.  You had to pass the port going to the final position, so not like it was out of the way.   I guess the race guys know best though.

Alright off Sunday to shoot some steel, PCC Iron Sights.

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk