Author Topic: 2022 Competition Schedule  (Read 6420 times)

BAC

Re: 2022 Competition Schedule
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2022, 06:14:26 PM »
Do we call you “Your Majesty” or “Your Royal Highness” now?  I can never remember.
Seriously, though, congratulations on the win!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 444
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2022, 09:29:45 AM »
Did it.   Shot 6 Steel Challenge stages with PCCI.  Net was a 56.78%, class C, but we'll wait and see how SCSA score is out.

Of course, on the first stage the front sight fell off my PC-9.   Remember how I was saying I couldn't find anything to complain about with the Ruger.  I was in fact lauding it.   Well, they didn't Loctite the front sight screws.   Now I have something to complain about.  Fortunately my squad was shooting an outlaw stage first, and being a local level match, they allowed me to shoot that string over.    I did find one of the two screws and miracle of miracles a S&W side place screw happened to fit.  I carry replacement revolver screws in my tool kit so I was back to shooting in short order.  About the 4th stage, I'm a slow thinker, the light bulb went off in my head that maybe I should check the rear sight screws.  Fortunately they were tight.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 02:56:23 PM »
Official.   Not listed yet on the Club 13 page but I wrote SCSA to ask to be added and to get my challenge coin.  And officially, I'm classified as "C" in all divisions with a 56.78% on the last one I shot on Sunday, PCCI.

Now the question is, what to pursue long term?  I'm thinking I'll stay with Iron Sighted Revolver.   Since there's no Power Factor in SC, I may make up some powderpuff 9mm loads for the fun of it.

Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 559
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 06:10:22 PM »
I am most impressed.  I had no idea there were so many options/variations/classes.  Where do you go to find out what's out there?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2022, 09:25:23 AM »
Rastus, in each competition it's found in the rule book what divisions, and guns, are allowed.

And as of this morning I'm listed on the Club 13 page.  I'm #228.

IDPA GA State match is next.  I've never shot above a level 1 match in IDPA.  This should be interesting.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:24:22 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2022, 10:20:59 AM »
Local, River Bend, outdoor IDPA match was cancelled prematurely for hurricane Ian.  Turns out it went further east and the ATL got absolutely zero moisture.   Oh well, they're all volunteers and I can't fault them for being cautious.

So, the GA State level 4 match is coming up.   Interesting spread of divisions.  There's actually some PCC-10 shooters.   There will be 8 revolvers.  That means, in my dreams, if I beat 6 of them I'll get a bump from Sharp Shooter to Expert.   I think at least I'll take this seriously.  Never can tell who's going to have a bad day.

Pretty sure at this point we're not going to IRC.   We're just sticking close to home.  Not sure what behind the scene things are happening at ICORE.  They didn't use Practiscore this year.  Does PS charge per match?  Per shooter?  I've never looked into the admin side of it.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2022, 03:20:42 PM »
Busy weekend.   3 Days, 3 Matches, 3 Different Disciplines, 3 Different Guns.

ICORE on Saturday.  6 classifiers.   I'M "B" CLASS NOW.   (SW686 6")

Sunday was Steel Challenge.  Since I'd loaned my 929 to a friend I shot PCCI.  We shot all 8 courses of fire.  Long day.  Especially on the "senior" squad.  My bud, Garry and I are both 73/74 and are always joking about playing the AGE CARD.   Well on this squad we were middle aged!  The older shooters didn't paint because we'd be waiting all day for them to get to the targets and get back.  That means the younger half of the squad did all the work.  I won my division btw.   (Ruger PC9 Takedown w/ iron sights).

Monday night was IDPA indoor league.  Had 3 revolver shooters.   We're all going to GA State IDPA and the other two are taking notice of me.  I got beat for the match by 2 seconds only because I hit Grand-Ma once.  I told her to move, she didn't listen. (SW 686 4")

There are now 9 revolver shooters signed up for the GA State IDPA match.  It'll be fun having competition.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2022, 09:11:50 AM »
GA State IDPA match is in the books.

In my dreams I would beat all 8 other Revolver competitors, but then they all had the same dream.   I did finish 6th beating out 2 Expert shooters.  But I got bested by the other two Sharp Shooters.   I did come within 6 points of beating out the Master level shooter which is something and I know exactly which stage which target caused me to drop those 6 points.    I did do some good stage planning minimizing movement and only reloading on the move.   I cleaned 2 of the 3 skills stages.  No Penalties and no Hits on non-threats for the match.  Finished 209/240 for the match against mostly CO and PCC.

My friend Mark Hu (who always starts on starts on Stage 1.   Get it?  Hu's on 1?) and I have set our goal to compete in the 2023 IDPA Nationals/World.  We've got to earn "points" to enter.   Local, level 1, matches don't count so I'll be going to bigger matches.  Next up is Sheepdog in Valdosta, GA.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2022, 06:35:53 PM »
Here I am.  Yes, here I am in beautiful Valdosta for The Sheepdog IDPA match.  Those unfamiliar it’s a Tier 4, CCP only match.  No Carry Optics.  No PCC.  And yes, no revolvers.  I’ve spent the last 5 weeks shooting nothing but my P320 Carry gun.  It’s still strange not to count rounds, just planning where to do the ONE reload.  I feel fairly comfortable going into the match.  Other than I just changed the mag release to a Springer extended one. I hope it still fits in the box.

The premise of Sheepdog is that the majority are sheep and the few of us are sheepdog destined to protect the rest.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2022, 10:27:08 AM »
SHEEPDOG WAS FUN.    What a well run match and a very nice facility.

Little River Sportsman's Club, in Valdosta, is very nice, very clean, very well laid out.   Flat of course, which for N. Ga people is big bonus.  Paved road with parking opposite the bays.  The bays are a little smaller than other ranges but that means they're close together and not a great distance between them.  Only 1.5 miles off I-75 and at the same exit as all the hotels.

Since we're all shooting CCP and limited to 10 rounds in the mag, no need to have long stages for those SSP and PCC people.  All scenario stages were 16 rounds.  No steel and no movers.  Wow.  The AFROTC cadets from Valdosta State assisted in pasting.  FLY HIGH AIRMEN.  (oops, Aeropeople)   For 12 stages I was only 8 points down and finished 142 out of 188.  Not bad for me.  There were 27 guns given away as random prizes.  That's 15% of the entries got guns and about 10% optics and numerous other top tier prizes.   Only the >$100 was done by random drawing after the match, the rest of the stuff was already assigned before hand and competitors received it when they checked in.  The post match awards went quickly.

Only nit was one of the new rules in IDPA called Nesting.  I shot two sets of targets that were at two different points of cover from one position.  It was only 3 seconds and I figured I saved about that amount of time anyway, so not a big deal.  In reviewing videos it didn't seem the rule was applied consistently.  Not upset, just wish I had thought about that at the time.    Given my 8 PD I'm happy with what I did.  One SO commented on my tight groupings.  And I do use my accuracy to take longer shots than other competitors and save time moving.  What I need to do is now  shoot faster and not be quite so concerned with accuracy.

And no, I didn't win any grand prizes, but I did get one pound of Clean Shot for which I'm grateful.

THANKS TO RUGER and WALTHER for the prizes

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk