Author Topic: Bringing Conscription Back In The United States  (Read 1552 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Bringing Conscription Back In The United States
« on: February 26, 2022, 09:55:01 AM »
We were discussing this at work yesterday.  Most have little if any opinion on it, but we came to agreement on several areas.

I believe that national conscription is a good idea, and that we need it in our nation.  I am of the age I missed even registering, and when I went to enlist was told I wasn't needed or wanted.  I was told by everyone, except the Army, to go get some college education and skills, then come back.  The Army, on my third visit, leveled and said that I could enlist.  Duties based on my current HS diploma and test results would "possibly" be as high as a mechanics assistant, but there was no need at this time.  Guess who quit begging to get in.  It is a missed part of my life that I wish I could go back and redo.

Today we are a society of privileged individualists that need a lesson in teamwork and being a part of a group.  Of not being special but being a part of a special group.

I don't care if the conscription puts a person in a military role, or a humanitarian role.  I do care that everyone go through Basics, and that they maintain the strict structure of service.  I think to the movie Starship Troopers, and the idea of a difference between Citizens and Civilians.  There is something about being a part of the nation with skin in the game.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Bringing Conscription Back In The United States
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 10:48:19 AM »
I agree.  I think Biden should create a couple of divisions for the front line made of recent immigrants...for the non-citizens give them 5 years or some level of battle experience as a path to citizenship.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 03:44:52 PM »
You can't get these worthless assholes to pay for their own college and you think they would show up for a draft ? 
Thanks, I appreciate the good laugh.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 07:26:03 PM »
Well, Biden picked someone who looked like America for a Supreme Court Justice.  He should do the same thing with a couple of new Army divisions.  Send one to Poland and another to Taiwan.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 02:11:47 PM »
You can't get these worthless assholes to pay for their own college and you think they would show up for a draft ? 

This is the point.  The Entitlement crowd (not calling it a generation, because is spans several) needs to learn it isn't all about them.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:28:08 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 02:55:56 PM »

I paid all but $100 of my education.  I bust my ass every day.   I know where every dollar came from.  The sweat from my brow and the strength of my back.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 04:13:26 PM »
Tab, you need to try to be less white. 

;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 04:21:28 PM »
Tab, you need to try to be less white. 

;D
I am not white.  I am native American

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 04:45:26 PM »
Well, there you go.  100% or 15-25% like me or something in between? 

Cherokee and Choctaw here.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 04:51:31 PM »
choctaw and chicasaw

it all depends. the % changed as census went on from the late 1880s- 1930s.   some they are listed as full blood, others 3/4, some 7/8s one at 50% and finally in  1920 as white.( in the south it was worse to be NA then it was to be black.)

at best guess my  grandfather was some where between 85-95%  other side of the famliy is 50% for sure.   so i am some where between 1/3-2/3 

past 3 generations its hard to say.   I do have a great, great great grand mother that was on the trail of tears at the age of 7.   the passed down family history is that she lost her entire family on it and was taken in.   Its hard to pin down, but there is no question she was on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk