Author Topic: Ethics - A Tough Call  (Read 870 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Ethics - A Tough Call
« on: March 31, 2022, 08:17:09 PM »
On one hand I would love to see this guy locked up.  However, Law Enforcement screwed up, violated his Constitutional protections, and the Judge ruled accordingly.  I don't applaud a criminal on the street, but I applaud the Judge for calling the County out on it.

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/charges-dropped-after-giant-meth-seizure-will-county-sheriffs
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Ethics - A Tough Call
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 07:06:57 AM »
I agree it should have been thrown out.  I hate that but the officers did not act in a competent manner.  It's just too easy to walk up to the car and find something "suspicious" as grounds for a search.   Evidently these officers used this procedure successfully times in the past or they were just lazy....maybe both.

Since this has been thrown out i guess they cannot confiscate and sell the car and have to return the car to the guilty party.  All over this nation people are having their property confiscated because one of their kids dropped a roach on the floorboard.  The confiscation law is abused all across the nation making it important that behaviour as seen here is rewarded with failure.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 09:55:21 AM »
Just my $.02.  When an officer screws up like this, they need to be terminated and lose thier POST status.

Violating some ones rights like that is not s mistake, its a deliberate  decision.   Sucks that the guilt get off.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 03:21:50 PM »
Just my $.02.  When an officer screws up like this, they need to be terminated and lose thier POST status.

Violating some ones rights like that is not s mistake, its a deliberate  decision.   Sucks that the guilt get off.

If you read the article, it is suspected that they have played this card before.  An investigation into these two officers, and the Department is called for.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk