Author Topic: MK IV with open sights for Steel Challenge  (Read 1744 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MK IV with open sights for Steel Challenge
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2022, 08:30:46 AM »
Alf... I actually have more fun with the practice sessions and the guys that typically are on the squad... three of the steel challenge courses are set up, and you shoot it twice... no score keeping... no painting between shooters, and member price is $2... I may squeak into Master, but GM is not a goal...

since cataract surgery, I'm not in an immediate hurry to get into Carry Optics...I carry a fixed sight G43x... but I do have a G17 slide cut and will stick the Holosun 507 on it as it is brighter than the Trijicon... the price of rim fire ammo is coming down, but I don't think small pistol primers will ever get back to $.03 again... at 6 matches and about 1200 rounds a month, it is still cheap enough for me to shoot....regards

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 10:24:19 AM »
Cataract surgery made all the difference for me, not just in clearness of vision but in that I am now 20/20 without external lenses.  This allow me to more easily experiment with various glasses.  And For the first time ever Red Dots are actually dots since my astigmatism is corrected at the eye not by external lenses.   But I’m a Luddite and will continue to shoot iron sights.

Our club has done similar.  2 stages each month, $5 for the day.  You just get in in line, like at a playground, and shoot until the SOs pack it in.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 06:59:55 PM »
Never compete with kids if it involves vision, fine motor skills, coarse motor skills, fast movement or slow movement.

I'm just sayin'....

Yesterday, in true holiday fashion, I had to take a delivery route.  For the first time ever they sent a warehouse worker along to assist me.  The embarrassing moment came as I climbed down out of the back of the trailer.  As usual I knelt down to lower my foot to the bumper and step down.  That damn piece of titanium they put in does not like being knelt on, and as I made a quick move I found myself being aided gently by my helper. 

DAMN, I felt old  :'(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2024, 08:14:31 AM »
Dang, I miss Les. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2024, 10:25:02 AM »
Dang, I miss Les.

Just read through the posts and felt the same.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:36:01 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk