Author Topic: What Is The Most Returned Gun Fall 2022?  (Read 819 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
What Is The Most Returned Gun Fall 2022?
« on: October 22, 2022, 09:21:23 AM »
Interesting.  Time to look for deals!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: What Is The Most Returned Gun Fall 2022?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 10:25:16 AM »
E-gads.  I hate watching 10 minute video to get a one word answer.

SPOILER ALERT:

AR platform rifles and pistols
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 10:35:29 AM »
On 10/20 I asked the same question at my local pawn and gun shop in Cherokee, NC and got a very different answer.  Specifically, I asked if they had seen reduced demand for AR platform guns. 

The answer was, "We're selling everyone we can get our hands on."

And, I said, have the prices come down?

"Are you kidding? was the answer.

FWIW,
Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 11:12:14 AM »
Yeah, I sped through to get to the answer.  It took a bit. 

I do think we're at a peak for AR platform guns.  Thankfully, I'm not a buyer at these prices. 

It is interesting that at least in some place the AR platform guns are being swapped out for other types. 

I am just going to be happy when I have more selection on 300 Win Mag ammo....at less than a ridiculous $75-80 a box.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 06:41:08 AM »
$75-80 a box. :o Wow. I've been gathering gun parts for the last 2 years as the budget allows, to do some upgrades. I bought a flattop AR upper but couldn't use it with my old A2 barrel because the upper has M4 feed ramps, and the barrel is pre-M4 by many years. So I was thinking about getting the "50 shades of gray" upper Cerakoted a solid color. But that would cost about as much as a new upper, and it's still not a MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail. When I bought a one-piece scope mount for it a long time ago, I couldn't get the cross-bolts in any pair of slots because the spacing is off. One would drop into a slot and the other was setting on top of a ridge. I didn't want to file a ridge off to make one wide notch, and used extra-tall scope rings instead, but the scope still sat kind of low. Two small risers and regular height rings would work, but I'd end up with 4 parts instead of a 1 piece mount and still have to pay for Cerakoting to make it look good.

I was looking at high-temp auto paint for engines and headers and such this summer. It should be durable, and they make flat black paint, but the primer and paint I looked at need to be baked on.

Does anyone know where I can get a flattop upper without M4 feed ramps?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:27:08 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk