Author Topic: I just traded in 2 SIGs for M&Ps… And couldn’t be more relieved  (Read 969 times)

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So, yesterday I took my SIG P320 X-Compact and M17 to my LGS and traded them in for the M&P9 M2.0 Spec Series Compact (the bull shark grey kit) and the full-size Spec Series with the FDE slide. No matter how much I love SIG Sauer, or how much I know you can’t believe what you see and read on the internet, I couldn’t shake the discomfort I had with carrying the 320 given the growing number of random discharges that have been occurring with even after recall.

I carried an M&P40 (later the 9mm) for years but ultimately moved to Glock. Over the past few years I had started to shift to the SIG and was incredibly pleased with the fit in my hand and performance. I don’t know if the P320 has actual issues or if they are incredibly overblown. What I do know is that the Glock and the M&P have never had such questions surrounding them and the M&P M2.0 really fits my hand. The texture is fantastic and the newer trigger is at least comparable with the 320. Here’s hoping I made the right choice.

I still have my 226 Legion and 229 Elite and I’m happy as ever with them. At the end of the day, I traded to 320s with a total of 12 magazines and 2 Wilson Grip modules and paid $500 for 2 new M&Ps with optics… I think I did ok. Hopefully down the road the stink will fade and the issues (real or perceived) will pass and I will pick up another 320.

Cheers.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: I just traded in 2 SIGs for M&Ps… And couldn’t be more relieved
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 04:06:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm an M&P fan.  I also have a P320X5.   

I prefer the feel of the M&P. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 05:25:15 PM »
I love my P320s.  Everything you feel about the M&P I feel about the SIG.  To each our own.

I can’t stand the Glock trigger or trigger guard. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 05:40:20 PM »
<snip>
I can’t stand the Glock trigger or trigger guard.

Amen brother.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 08:33:28 AM »
Sounds good to me. I've heard some of the stories wouldn't want to carry something I was worried about going off. If I ever buy a 9mm, I plan on looking at the Walther PPQ M2, if they still make it at the time. Nearly every critic said it was the best striker-fired trigger. I don't know if anything better has come out since then.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 12:17:26 PM »
So has the 320 discharge thing been run to ground yet?  I thought it was just when dropped...am I wrong here?

Also, I read where the 320 X-Five is not affected.  Again, am I wrong here?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk