Author Topic: A challenge to all  (Read 1334 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
A challenge to all
« on: November 13, 2022, 02:07:03 PM »
with Thanksgiving  coming  there are many of us that have lots to be thankful  for.  Sadly there are many in our communities that are struggling right now.

I challenge all of you, take 1 hours pay(those of us retired what ever 1/178 of your bring home.  Which is the average number of hours worked in a month) and either donate it in food/money to a local food bank or buy a gift card for a local grocery store and give it to some one in need.

I know we have members here that are struggling and we totally  understand if you can not afford  that,but those that can should do it.   Do it this this week, that way the funds/food can be distributed.

Its not much, but if even just 1 out of every one did that, we could feed those in need this time of thanks  for the blessing we have received.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: A challenge to all
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 08:32:20 PM »
Great idea.  I was planning on something for the season.

You know if everyone pitched in and did this it could take a lot of power from the central government.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 06:50:33 AM »
My local Food Lion has packaged charity dinner boxes available at checkout.  You can buy them as you pay for your groceries.  Food Lion has set up a delivery mechanism to get them to people in need.  It simplifies the good works aspect of the holidays.  How many of us actually know someone who would/could use this kind of help? 

I heard a definition of the three types of charity noted in Jewish lore.  While each level is good, charity can get better. 

The lowest level is when both you and the recipient know each other.  The next level up is when you know the recipient, but the recipient doesn't know who the giver is.  The top level is when you give but don't know to whom, and the recipient gets without knowing who the giver was.

Just a thought,
Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 10:22:28 AM »
Great idea, Tab, thanks for reminding everyone.

I have a heart for local mission work, so we've been doing this for some time, local support for men's shelter and their holiday food drives, plus the local food bank. Half of our so-called "stimulus money" went to these groups too. We have a homeless issue here in the South, and even though the weather is usually warm (75% of the time), it got down to 40 degrees here in Savannah, GA, last night, so donating clothes is another option. I don't pay any attention to the street intersection folks, they are professional hustlers for the most part. So find a local mission and support them seriously.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 11:14:29 AM »
We support Hosea William's Feed the Hungry in Atlanta. 

Hosea was one of the civil rights leaders and like us all he had his faults, sometimes jumping in the fray without all the facts.  But what I admired about him is that he paid his own way.  He earned his money through several business ventures and didn't depend on largess of the churches' or of the liberal establishment.  I never met him but have worked with his daughter and they are salt of the earth people.

https://4hosea.org/

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:25:00 AM »

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 07:41:04 PM »
A local jewelry store where I live has an earring sale every year. All proceeds go to the local food pantry. The owner is an old veteran and his daughters also. I buy my wife and 4 daughters' earrings every year.  All the churches in the area contribute and run the food pantry. The local Legion and VFW do a toy drive. The police and sheriffs do a big shop with a cop drive to make sure kids we know will not get a Christmas are not left out.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 09:09:54 AM »
Old thread, but with Thanksgiving coming up soon,  I am challenging every one to do it again.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 10:56:56 AM »
Yup.

What I said last year still goes.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 01:42:21 PM »
Like Path, our area is on a major artery of flow for travelers (an interstate and three US highways go through) and that draws homeless that are truly in need as well as the "pros" who hit certain intersections. Sometimes it get hard to discern who is who....most times I go with my gut hunch.
We have multiple shelters and several organizations that feed those in need.....one of which serves around 1400 sack lunches every Saturday of the year to not only the homeless, but also shut-ins, elderly and such.

This is a great idea TAB and is something I plan to do.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2023, 01:54:13 PM »
Thanks for bringing this back up.  Miss Kitty and I were just discussing this. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk