Author Topic: FedEx. Now shipping into the past!  (Read 1001 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
FedEx. Now shipping into the past!
« on: December 06, 2022, 09:37:53 AM »
FedEx is now shipping into the past! Well, maybe not. I'm not sure what to think of this email I got early this morning. The anticipated shipping date is 8/17/2022!! Great Scott! The FedEx truck has to be doing 88 miles per hour when lightning hits the clock tower.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: FedEx. Now shipping into the past!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 12:39:58 AM »
The day I wrote that the post office delivered two packages, then the big brown truck of happiness delivered another. Eventually FedEx delivered one too, hours later. It seems like they could get here earlier if they can travel through time. But maybe that takes time. ???
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 12:04:25 AM »
I'm still waiting.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 05:52:03 PM »
Good luck with FedUpix these days.  The say my package is out for delivery and about 15% of the time it never makes it. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 09:18:04 PM »
FedEx has been texting me links with a photo to prove they delivered the package, some of the time but not always. It's a good thing they did one time because I thought I recognized my neighbor's house in the picture when they left the package on his back porch.

UPS said they delivered a package a week or so ago. They usually leave them on my back porch like the instructions on my account say. I looked out at the porch and nothing was there so I laid down. After that I got a text saying they dropped off my package about 10 minutes ago, right around the time I was looking out the window on my back door. I looked again and didn't see anything, so I got dressed and looked around the back porch, the front porch, checked my mail but didn't think the package would be in my mailbox. Then I looked on my next-door neighbor's front and back porches. And I could see from the sidewalk there was nothing at the house on the other side of me. I even looked around my house and shed but there was no package to be seen anywhere. So I had to file a claim and I'm waiting for UPS to figure out where they delivered my package. If it was at my house it wasn't here long before it was stolen.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:34:04 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 06:35:10 PM »
Porch pirates are an issue in the cities.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 09:30:49 PM »
Porch pirates are an issue in the cities.

That's one reason I tell them to leave all my packages on the back porch. Not many people can see it there. But when they put it on the front porch anyone walking by can see it, and the road is so close people driving by can too. I'm the only one who can't see it, no matter which window I look out of. And sometimes they set a package next to the door on the hinge side. I open the door and look 17 feet or whatever it is down my porch and don't see anything at all. And if I don't walk outside to look I won't see a package on the other ~5 feet.

Porch pirates are a problem even outside of the city. One of my friends who lives in the country gets his packages dropped off next to his mailbox. There's no way he can see that far from his house, and he's had more packages come up missing than I have. I think this was the 3rd one in my life but don't remember what the second one was. Maybe there were only two.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 09:35:14 AM »
Well heck, that's his own fault.  I'm not saying there's no theft out here....it's just that once it happens there is an education process and it stops.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2022, 11:09:17 AM »
Speaking of the future.   I wanted faster speeds from AT&T but I did not want their new FO service.   My agreement with AT&T spelled it out and I called to ask for an upgrade of my "wire" drop.   NO-O-O-O-O!   They want everyone over on the FO.   I pointed it out an upgrade was technically possible and spelled out in my service agreement.  After hassling the CSR for a while she agreed to put it on their calendar for "review" in the future.   Hence!   

I feel like Marty McFly getting the Wells Fargo package in the future.

Of course we'll all be totally wireless G7+ speeds by then.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 06:30:31 PM »
Don't underestimate their ability to get into your pocket on old agreements.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk