Author Topic: it comes in threes  (Read 1686 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
it comes in threes
« on: December 15, 2022, 09:56:08 PM »
cold front came through this morning, and I was extremely cautious going out for breakfast during the storm... seems like I've been snake bit...

last week I sent a slide off to be machined for a Holosun 507... got a phone call from Thomas at Battle Werx and said he had some bad news... the USPS small shipping box arrived, but was open and no slide..he sent pictures and made a complaint with the mailman... a supervisor at my local PO ran the tracking number, and had pictures here, Atlanta, and Connecticut all of intact package....PIA to file a claim over the computer, think I'll just bundle everything and send it by mail... hopefully it will get delivered  :)

this morning I had a recording on my answering machine from my credit union fraud division... the opposite of good news... someone had used my card for fraudulent purchases and they were cancelling and issuing a new card...

waiting for the 3rd shoe...

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
Re: it comes in threes
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 04:16:41 AM »
Sounds like a good time to just sit by the fire and read a good book.  Use your Kindle, so you don't get a paper cut!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 07:12:00 AM »
Waiting for the other shoe to drop, eh?  Maybe you'll escape that bad things happen in 3's because of the Christmas season and motor right on through it.       

And....I hope you insured the slide for what it really cost you.  I add my time, shipping (container, packing and "postage"), transportation, etc. into my insurance numbers. 

As for card fraud...man I used to have to replace those things every 4-6 months.  Then I stopped using them at restaurants 5+ years ago and I haven't had a card canceled for fraud since.  If you ever lose sight of your card there's a good chance you're about to get hammered.

For the cold...HA.  Cry me a river.  We have single digits forecasted for next week with no chance of getting near freezing for a high.  Right during Christmas activities we have dangerous cold.  I'm making sure sleeping bags, etc. are in the trucks today.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »
Rastus... yep.. I bought some gift cards at a local Carrabbas a week or so ago, and the clerk took the card to the rear to process

and of course I did not add extra insurance... I grew up in a Post Office family... Dad worked his way up from substitute carrier to Assistant Postmaster before he took the Rural Route opening after being offered the Postmaster job.. he used to hand carry boxes of money to the local bank sent from the Federal Reserve... bunches of money... how hard is it to ship a piece of metal from Florida to Connecticut without losing it or having it pilfered...

I stuck the HS507 on the slide cut for the Trijicon RMR (same cut but needed shorter mounting screws).. as the dot on the Holosun is brighter... going to give Carry Optics a try at next week's practice session  Have a Happy Holiday Season.. Les

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 08:48:27 AM »
Sounds like a good time to just sit by the fire and read a good book.  Use your Kindle, so you don't get a paper cut!

Just be careful and don't drop the Kindle on your bunion.  ;D
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:03:26 PM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022, 11:53:21 AM »
I actually spend a lot of time sitting in the Sunshine and reading...Tom Clancy (and others under his label), WEB Griffin, Lee Child... there seems to be a trend in the authors I like... regards

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2022, 02:05:31 PM »
I actually spend a lot of time sitting in the Sunshine and reading...Tom Clancy (and others under his label), WEB Griffin, Lee Child... there seems to be a trend in the authors I like... regards

At -2 this morning... I will skip the sunshine ( not any today anyways)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2022, 06:51:27 PM »

At -2 this morning... I will skip the sunshine ( not any today anyways)

Yeah, it's you guys who are shipping the cold down to us.  So Friday we are looking at -4 degrees.  That's down 8-10 degrees from the older forecasts.  I am looking forward to the other side of the cold front.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2022, 10:02:43 PM »
Saturday 11pm   64F... 8)

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2022, 10:11:47 PM »
Saturday 11pm   64F... 8)

OK.  Where is that Dislike button?  There's gotta be one around here somewhere.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk