Author Topic: NEW LEAPERS 2023 Catalog Available Now! New Receivers Coming.  (Read 775 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
NEW LEAPERS 2023 Catalog Available Now! New Receivers Coming.
« on: December 29, 2022, 09:00:05 PM »
The new Leapers/UTG 2023 catalog is online and available for download. They have a lot of new stuff coming out that's in the catalog, but not for sale online yet. They're coming out with lightweight CNC machined billet AR receivers in ambi and regular styles. There are ZERO roll pins used in the assembly of either the lowers or upper. A lot of people with scratched receivers will like that. ;) If you want an ambi lower, I think you're better off buying one than putting ambi parts on a standard receiver. Now you'll have another choice in ambi lowers. As with all their UTG PRO parts, they're made in southeast Michigan (Livonia). These are hard-coat anodized, but they have Cerakote robots to do that work in-house too.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: NEW LEAPERS 2023 Catalog Available Now! New Receivers Coming.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 12:15:50 PM »
Not completely happy with one of my uppers so this might be just what I’m looking for.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 06:09:36 AM »
This is the first billet receiver set I ever looked at that made me think about not going with forged receivers if I build another AR.

Now I'm thinking, if I'm not going with G.I. spec forgings, maybe a Gibbz side-charging upper would be the next flat-top for me. They make right and left-handed, for rifle and pistol calibers, and even one for a PSA KS47 for anyone who wants to use AK mags in an AR. For my use, I would need the upper and the cam pin that comes with it. You can use any mil-spec BCG after you change the cam pin.

https://www.gibbzarms.com/product/g4-side-charging-upper-receiver-right-handed/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 10:11:22 AM »
I have right side chargers but they require a special BCG and are reciprocating.  This is non-recip.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 10:47:53 AM »
Alf... I used a Bear Creek Arsenal right side charger for a proof of concept build... I wanted to see if I could use the objective length measurements for buffer tube, length of pull and overall length under the ATF4999 document to see what I could come up with, without any deductions ... nothing I can do about the subject evaluation... the right side charger on a 10.5 upper was to eliminate the rear charging handle that dug into my cheek  (could have made a right side latch, and removed the left wing), but wanted to use up some Visa points,

the <6" buffer tube and mini buffer/ flat spring from Strike Industries (pricey) was the key...with a vinyl sleeve I can get nose to charging handle, not comfortable but shoot able, and length of pull and overall length fall below the maximum

shot only a 100 rounds or so through it, but not a bobble

Les... Happy New Year to You All  8)

Sponsor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk