Author Topic: Vegans and vegetarians depressed twice as often as meat-eaters  (Read 820 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Vegans and vegetarians depressed twice as often as meat-eaters
« on: January 03, 2023, 02:46:58 AM »
Vegans and vegetarians are depressed twice as often as meat-eaters according to a new study.

I can't blame them for being depressed, knowing that our food poops on their food. :D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Vegans and vegetarians depressed twice as often as meat-eaters
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 10:12:59 AM »
Why do they try so hard to make substance out of vegetables that taste like beef? 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 07:55:24 AM »
Why do they try so hard to make substance out of vegetables that taste like beef?

Went out with a gal in university who could cook up a roast that tasted just like boiled turnips.  Never saw her again.

And, I saw a great recipe for sauteing kale with extra virgin olive oil.  Makes it slide into the garbage more easily.

Crusader (meat eater) Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 10:40:36 AM »
I ate kale once last year. Once!
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 11:14:53 AM »

That's the thing I don't get about vegetable-Aryans. They eat fermented fungus that "tastes like chicken", grain and vegetable "burgers", and all sorts of abominations that are purported to taste like bacon and other meats, but why? If vegetables taste so great, eat them and be happy about it. Don't be envious of carnivores and omnivores, and do everything scientifically possible to make fake meat. If you want to eat something that tastes like meat, EAT MEAT! And don't try to stop the rest of us from eating all creatures great and small, just because you choose to eat an unnatural diet. We have some teeth made for tearing of flesh and others for gnashing of vegetable matter, so we should eat the way our bodies evolved to. If you eat a bunch of certain vegetables and grains together you can have a decent intake of protein, or you can eat a comparatively small piece of great tasting meat instead.

I remember reading several years ago about a meat substitute that actually tasted like meat, because it had hemoglobin in it. If you fry up a veggie burger and it has real blood running out of it, it's going to taste better than a plain soy-burger. But if they're going to that much trouble to make something taste like real meat, why not just eat meat? The only reason I've heard so far that makes any sense is that they can grow "synthetic meat" in a food lab or factory, and not use vast acres of farmland. It should have a much smaller footprint on the environment for a few reasons.

Sponsor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk