Author Topic: Ballistic Machinist 90gr 9mm Interceptors Will Be In Stock At Noon Eastern Time  (Read 611 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
The title sums it up pretty well. Ballistic Machinist 90gr 9mm Interceptors Will be In Stock At Noon Eastern Time. These have been out of stock and hard to find for those who shoot 9mm. In the future he plans on making 115gr 9mm, 135gr 9mm, 140gr 10mm, and 170gr .45 ACP Interceptors. Why 3 bullet weights in 9mm and only one each in 10mm and .45 ACP? Popularity of the caliber, I guess.

The only one of these three ammo companies I've dealt with is Detroit Ammo Co. With their DAC Reload program you get free shipping, from every vendor, on every product, no matter on how many times you place an order, for $99 per year. It's a paid subscription service that can save you some money, but be warned, it's self-renewing. If you don't want a charge to your credit card next year, you'll have to cancel your subscription before your year is up. Compared to fixed rate shipping on a box or two of ammo here and there, it's a good deal.

This is a link to all of the Ballistic Machinist ammo they carry. And Ballistic Machinist's website. I bought some of his solid steel Dumbbell Slugs from DAC.  If you haven't seen any of the YouTube videos TaoFladermaus did on his slugs, you really should.

https://detroitammoco.com/brand/ballistic-machinist/

https://www.ballisticmachinist.com/

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ufCWBC8ATME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQAvmL8ZA2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bL4hnJZEtI&t
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Looks like the 9mm is out of stock already.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
So far I haven't fired any of the $5.39 a pop 12 gauge dumbbell slugs, and I haven't bought any of the $6.19 or $7.99 apiece :o slugs. But you can bet I'll be ordering some .45 ACP ammo when he starts making it by the end of the year, and trying it out next summer. The dumbbell slugs cut through sheet metal (read: car bodies) like cookie cutters, without leaving the "volcano" shape of stretched out metal typical of bullets penetrating sheet metal. More like the holes have been drilled out, than the metal stretched beyond its breaking point before it punches through.

Ballistic Machinist - Clinton, MI is 80 miles from Flint. Detroit Ammo Co., South Lyon, MI is 46 miles from Flint. Clinton, Michigan is 36 miles from South Lyon, Michigan. I think Ballistic Machinist was lucky to find a place that close to sell their ammo. Instead of shipping it by freight to DAC, they could load their car or truck and drop it off. Cor-Bon Ammo who started out in the Detroit area was in Redford TWP IIRC, 26 miles from Detroit Ammo Co. in South Lyon. There are A LOT of firearms related businesses in a small area there: Nite Fision - THE WORLD´S #1 SOURCE FOR Tritium Night Sights, and their sister company, Cammenga, the U.S. Military’s official Tritium Lensatic Compass manufacturer, proven on battlefields all over the world; Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises, the AR upper receivers and carry handles with a SQUARE forge mark; Mag-na-port International, Inc. and the Handguns Hunters' Museum and Hall of Fame; Acc-U-Rail, which I'm about ready to have done since I took my OLD Para-Ordnance frame out of the Cylinder & Slide Dunk-Kit bucket a couple of days ago; and many others. Not to mention Williams Gun Sights which is just 10 1/2 miles from my house (and I keep forgetting to post what I found there).
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk