Author Topic: FN 510 Tactical, 22+1 rounds of 10mm.  (Read 857 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
FN 510 Tactical, 22+1 rounds of 10mm.
« on: April 29, 2023, 10:09:17 PM »
FN America recently came out with a 510 pistol, with everything the 509 had going for it, but in 10mm instead of 9. The FN 510 Tactical carries 22+1 rounds of whoop ass, 15+1 with flush-fitting mags, has suppressor-height tritium night sights, all the interchangeable optics plates you'll likely ever need, and is threaded .578”x28 to take common .45 size suppressors.

https://fnamerica.com/510tactical/

https://fnamerica.com/products/fn-510-series/fn-510-tactical/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZiWQ_vWlHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDmHKhhGRw
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: FN 510 Tactical, 22+1 rounds of 10mm.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 08:12:34 AM »
This one I may need to check in on....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 05:53:29 AM »
If you're going to get a 10mm, you may as well go with a hi-cap polymer frame, and I don't know of any higher capacity. I' like 1911s but would take the FN over an 8+1 1911.

The FN Low-Profile Optics Mounting System milled into the slide is a direct–mount for all major optics footprints, co-witnessing your red dot with suppressor-height sights. Complete with a precision-tuned fire control group, the smooth trigger take-up, positive wall and clean, ≈6-pound break sets a new standard in striker-fired big bores. With a hammer-forged, target-crowned barrel, the FN 510 is made for down range accuracy.

The .45 ACP 18+1 Capacity FN 545 TACTICAL looks like one heck of a .45 too. It's also suppressor-ready, with a threaded barrel and co-witness tritium night sights.

https://fnamerica.com/products/fn-545-series/fn-545-tactical/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 07:47:59 AM »
I need a couple of 10's.  I like M&P's and a FN may be a good way to go...I like you can use the 45 can on that FN a lot.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 08:56:38 AM »
I need a couple of 10's.  I like M&P's and a FN may be a good way to go...I like you can use the 45 can on that FN a lot.

It's not just cool, it's tacticool.  ;)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:36:52 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 08:07:28 AM »
I am just thinking about how heavy the ammo would be in that thing.

most guys shoot 180s or 200s  cases are about 75 grains 7-13 grains of powder depending on the powder.( lets say 10)

for a loaded  at 285 grains x23 /7000grx16 oz= 14.98 oz  yikes   my colt cobra weighs that.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 08:22:13 PM »
I was thinking the same thing....

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 07:55:38 AM »
When I have 230 grain bullets in my full-size Para-Ordnance, the bullets alone weigh over half a pound. 15+1 X >1/2 ounce apiece. 218.75 grains is 1/2 ounce. 16x230 = 3,680 grains = 8.41143 ounces, just for the bullets, not counting all the brass and powder. That's one reason I like 165 grain bullets. 16X165 = 2,640 grains = 6.03429 ounces, 2.37714 ounces less. The alloy frame pistol loaded with 14 rounds of ball ammo weighs as much as a steel frame 1911 with 7 or 8 rounds. Lighter bullets can take a couple ounces off each mag full. I usually have 2 spare 15-round mags with me anytime I have the pistol on me, so the lighter bullets save me about 7 ounces over 230 grain bullets.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 08:06:51 AM »
Maybe this would be a good time to mention this sticker I ordered Saturday from Freedom Fatigues.  ;D

https://www.freedomfatigues.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk