Author Topic: Les Snyder  (Read 1489 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Les Snyder
« on: October 06, 2023, 09:44:53 PM »
Michael just posted.

NO.  TELL ME IT ISN’T SO.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: Les Snyder
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 06:04:14 AM »
This is heartbreaking news. 

Where is Michael's post?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 09:56:02 AM »
Facebook 12hrs ago.

Michael Bane

I note the passing of my old friend Les Snyder in Florida this week. Les was OG, one of the original group of "combat pistol shooters" in Florida when there were just little islands of us scattered around the country. I can't covey to you how exciting those days were...it felt like we were inventing the world.
Les was brilliant, an analytical mind applied to the art of the pistol. And he was so darn quick...I chased him for years, but Imcouldmnever shoot as well as Les...still can't.
We kept in touch over the years. I followed him on the BrianEnos Forums, where, as always he was a thoughtful and insightful resource for new and okd shooters alike. He sent me a note when he made GM Iin USPSA, one heck of an accomplishment, and we commiserated over the loss of friends.
So go with God, brother...I hear all the ammo is free Up There...
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 11:19:48 AM »
Well that just flat sucks...... Les was a gold mine of info on here and I'm sure even more so in person.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 07:41:26 AM »
Yeah, shoot....he must have had a brief illness or sudden crisis.  I had been missing him since mid-September.

I finally bought some of that  Mercury Outboard Quicksilver 2 cycle racing oil Les recommended and used on his guns based upon it's ability to cut carbon, especially 22's.  I haven't been able to try it yet but I actually got around to it and bought some.  When I do try it I won't be able to relay to him how it works on my dirty 22's....really sad.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:40:00 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk