Author Topic: This Is My 10/22 Rifle. What Does Yours Look Like?  (Read 1056 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
Re: This Is My 10/22 Rifle. What Does Yours Look Like?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2024, 06:24:37 AM »
Stop.  Stop.   I really had no idea all of the upgrades and accessories that are available for 10/22.  My head hurts now.

I've sold all but these two off.  The Tac-Sol Barrel and  Hogue Tactical stock is real light weight.  That's  Burris FastFire 3 sight on it.

Here's a picture of the target 10/22 heavy barrel.  Able to make the Kessel run in 10 parsecs...   NO NO. Uh able to do almost 1 MOA at 50yds with CCI SV.  It's topped with a Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32mm, which Nikon has since gotten out of the rifle scope business.  Too Bad I like their scopes.

:)  Han Solo Made The Kessel Run in Less than 12 Parsecs. A lot of people think parsecs are a unit of time, like X number of seconds. But a parsec is actually a unit of length (19.2 trillion miles). Han made the run in in less than 230.4 trillion miles, but no one knows how long it took. George Lucas probably thought it was a cool sounding sciencey word, but didn't know what it was. I could make it to work in less than 13 miles, but that doesn't tell you how fast my truck was going. So why would anyone brag about what distance they can travel from point A to point B?

P.S. I see why so many people just love that Cascade Cartridge Inc. standard velocity ammo.

Today's trivia: CCI was founded by Dick Speer, the brother of Vernon Speer, who founded Speer Bullets. The more you know. This has been a Public Service Announcement.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2024, 11:20:28 AM »
Wasn't it because of the uncharted Maw Nebulae and Maw blackhole that everyone had to navigate way around that area, hence the accomplishment was how short a distance a ship traveled to make the trip.  And at those speeds is the actual time relevant?  Thank goodness Han had some Coaxium on board to give him the necessary boost to avoid the blackhole.  I wonder if it was made the Cascade Coaxium Inc?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 05:29:19 AM »
I don't know about all that. I'm not that much of a Star Wars nerd. But Han Solo carried a Glock Blaster. I can tell that's what it is because it looks like a cheap piece of plastic.  ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 06:43:21 AM »
My 10/22, Mark II, and Mark II 22/45 parts from TandemKross should be here Saturday. One thing I want for my 10/22 that they don't have is a hex head stock screw. They have a Twister Titanium Takedown Knob for Ruger 10/22 by Rim/Edge for 25 bucks, but I don't want that. I'll have to see Ruger has stock screws in stock, to screw into my stock, to take the place of my old slotted screw. If it takes the same hex key as the barrel band, that's a bonus. I already have one stowed in my pistol grip's rubber plug.

I just saw that Ruger is making a Mini-14 with Side-Folding Stock, for a Suggested Retail Price of $1849.00. The walnut stock features a stainless side-folder, made from original Ruger casting tooling, and an injection molded polymer pistol grip. If anyone needs a B-Team 10/22 stock to match it, Samson makes them in black or stainless finish. They make a B-Team Bull Barrel Folding Stock for the Ruger 10/22 in black or stainless, too. And an A-Team Folding Stock for the Ruger Mini-14 and Mini Thirty in black or stainless, for anyone who already has one of those rifles. You could buy a Stainless Mini-14 Tactical fixed stock rifle for a Suggested Retail Price of $1489.00, $360 less, and add a Samson Stainless A-TM Folding Stock for $299.99. That's a total of $1,788.99, $60.01 less than buying the Mini-14 with a folding stock on it already, and you'd have an extra stock to sell or keep for later. The $60 you save could be put toward more ammo. My package from Samson should be here Monday.

https://www.tandemkross.com/twistertakedownknob

https://www.ruger.com/products/mini14TacticalRifle/specSheets/5895.html

https://www.samson-mfg.com/b-tm-folding-stock-for-the-ruger-1022.html

https://www.samson-mfg.com/b-tm-bull-barrel-folding-stock-for-the-ruger1022.html

https://www.samson-mfg.com/a-tm-folding-stock-for-the-ruger-mini-14-copy.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG7_QFaoO9U

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 10:27:02 AM »
I don't know about all that. I'm not that much of a Star Wars nerd. But Han Solo carried a Glock Blaster. I can tell that's what it is because it looks like a cheap piece of plastic.  ;D

Han Solo’s BlasTech DL-44 was made from C96 Mauser, a Broomhandle.   The prop was plastic because the bought the base units from a toy company.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:02:40 AM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1438
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 11:35:05 AM »
Han Solo’s BlasTech DL-44 was made from C96 Mauser, a Broomhandle.   The prop was plastic because the bought the base units from a toy company.

That explains the hole in the bottom of the magazine.   :o :o
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 09:20:13 PM »

I know it was a Broomhandle Mauser. I was trying to be funny, but obviously not being successful at it.  :-[

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2024, 09:37:58 PM »
I got packages today from TandemKross, Samson Mfg., and Midwest Industries. I put the new TandemKross Skeletonized Magazine Release for Ruger 10/22 by Rim/Edge in and got everything put together. It's made from lightweight aluminum, only .02 oz, and I like this one a lot better than the plastic extended mag release I had before. I have some elastic Retaining Bands from Tactical Tailor on some of my slings. I can fold the sling  up into the loop to keep it out of the way when I put the gun in the safe. It keeps them all from getting tangles up, and when I want to use the sling I just pull it out. The band stays on the sling. TT quit selling them, but small Ranger Band will work. If you don't want to buy them, buy a bicycle inner tube and cut some 1" bands out of it.

I just noticed TandemKross said about the mag release,"COMPATIBILITY NOTE: Compatibility with aftermarket trigger housings and older production Ruger aluminum housings not guaranteed." Mine is aluminum, and I think it's 47 years old this year. I didn't have any trouble with compatibility.

https://www.tandemkross.com/skeletonized_mag_release

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk