Author Topic: I did some work on my AR-15s a couple days ago.  (Read 4058 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
Re: I did some work on my AR-15s a couple days ago.
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2024, 10:05:53 PM »
I also recently found what I believe are the safety plunger and spring for my 10/22 that went flying weeks earlier. I remember hearing 2 impacts, one way over to my left and one to my right. I looked all over with a flashlight and magnet before I got new parts. They were still assembled and lying on the floor to just the left of my chair where the other spring was yesterday. Weird. No matter how many parts fly in which direction, they all end up in the same spot next to my chair or slightly behind that. Now I know where to look. And to keep looking until they show up.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
Re: I did some work on my AR-15s a couple days ago.
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2024, 03:34:21 AM »
Here's why it was so important I have the Night Fision front sght detent and not just any other for my night sight. You use a sight adjustment tool to adjust the bottom part to the right height, then turn the top part around facing you. The detent in the middle of the picture I took is the Night Fission flanked by 2 generic front sight detents. The narrow part on top isn't that much longer, but with a smaller taper at the end, it's effectively longer still, and will engage the top half of the sight much better. I'm not the only one who likes them. The only review with a picture says it's the best sight on the market. As far as tritium sights are concerned, I agree. They have more tritium for longer life and are guaranteed to last. This has 4.8 stars based on 14 reviews. The only review that wasn't 5 stars was one where the guy said they sent him the old .12 inch wide sight, not the .09 wide second generation. But I'm sure they would have done a free exchange. The sights are still available with 6 different color rings around the green tritium, including black if you don't want a big colored ring. The custom sight installation tool is included. It has a large hollow center to accept the sight blade.

https://www.nightfision.com/product/night-fision-perfect-dot-tritium-night-sights-for-ar-15-and-ar-10-rifles
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk