Author Topic: Kali Key coverts ARs into straight-pull bolt-action rifles and pistols  (Read 245 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
Something I just saw today, for people living in communist states that hate firearms. With the same ease as changing a BCG, dropping in the Kali Key removes your direct impingement AR from the definition of an “assault weapon” as defined by California’s Assault Weapons Control Act and other state laws. It does this by converting the firearm into a straight-pull bolt-action rifle. For AR10s and AR-15s, comes with or without a BCG, so you can just swap out your existing bolt carrier key, or have a spare BCG to switch back to semi-auto. The handle attaches to the notch in the new key and you slide the unit into the AR, converting it it to a straight-pull bolt-action. And bolt-action rifles and pistols don't have to be "featureless"". MSRP = $102.95 for either the ERGO or LO-PRO version without a new BCG for AR-15s and $10 more for AR-10s. I hate the reason that things like this exist, but like the fact that it does, so people can still shoot ARs, even if they aren't "fully semi-automatic", whatever that is. 

https://kalikey.com/products/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: Kali Key coverts ARs into straight-pull bolt-action rifles and pistols
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 09:54:55 PM »
Uh, I just took out the tubing and rotated my gas block 180d so it actually blocks.  Played with straight pull in one range session then converted back.  A lot cheaper than even an adjustable gas block.  I guess to make it legal in some states then replace the barrel with one without a hole.  Unless of course they spell it out in the laws about the config of the bcg.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk