Author Topic: Android Phone Names and Easter Eggs  (Read 222 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
Android Phone Names and Easter Eggs
« on: March 01, 2024, 09:12:44 PM »
Most Android phones were named after desserts, and had Easter Eggs The first 2 versions were Android 1.0 and Android 1.1, then the dessert names started with C on the 3rd version. Here's a list of all the names.

Android 1.5 Cupcake
Android 1.6 Donut
Android 2.0 Eclair
Android 2.0.1 Eclair
Android 2.1 Eclair
Android 2.2 Froyo
Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Android 3.0 Honeycomb
Android 3.1 Honeycomb
Android 3.2 Honeycomb
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Android 4.4 KitKat
Android 4.4W KitKat, with wearable extensions
Android 5.0 Lollipop
Android 5.1 Lollipop
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Android 7.0 Nougat
Android 7.1 Nougat
Android 8.0 Oreo
Android 8.1 Oreo
Android 9 Pie
Android 10
Android 11
Android 12
Android 12L
Android 13
Android 14
Android 15
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Android Phone Names and Easter Eggs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 09:19:22 PM »
Here are what the Easter egg screens on Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, and Pie looked like. Then when you tap on the screen, most of them had a game of some kind. Android 9 Pie was the last one with a dessert name, but not the last one with an Easter egg.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 09:20:34 AM »
I’ve always wondered when Apple would release a MAC version of LaBrea Tar Pits?

I really don’t find these things amusing anymore.  Number the dang releases so I can readily tell if I have the latest, and quit wasting time on cutesy things.  Make the sucker work… as a phone.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 06:42:02 PM »
These all just have numbers instead of dessert names but still have Easter eggs. On my Android 10, If I grab the 1 in the number 10, it starts spinning around. If I get it to land the right way on the 0, it turns into a letter Q and opens the Nonogram game. I played it a few times, but have much better games on my phone that I play nearly every day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonogram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk