Author Topic: Grip Tape. It's Not Just for Grips Anymore.  (Read 98 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
Grip Tape. It's Not Just for Grips Anymore.
« on: March 13, 2024, 06:40:32 AM »
I've been using non-skid safety tape on my cellphone cover practically since the day I got it. The phone itself is so slick I almost dropped it taking the picture of the case. When I went to the drive-up COVID-19 test for my first ever test, I tried to hold my phone up to the window so the guy could see my registration number or something on it. I bobbled the phone and practically threw it at the window. The guy thought I was just nervous and told me to relax as I picked my phone up, but it was more than that. I couldn't hang onto the darn thing. The cover isn't as slippery as the phone, but is still kind of slick, so I put stairway tread tape on it. Monday a cut a piece about 5" long off the 2" wide roll and cut it into 3rds. Each 2/3" strip is enough to wrap around the side to the back. I notched out a piece to go around the 3 buttons, and stuck the leftover pieces any place they would fit. I never had the 2 pieces next to the camera before, and always had a solid strip across the bottom on the back. But the main this is to have a grip on both sides. There are 2 layers of packing tape to create a smooth surface in case I want to stick my phone stand on, but it needs a new layer. I think I mentioned this before, but my stand is a balloon animal dog like this picture, but chrome. I named her Poppy. Poppy, the puppy. Poppy, balloon dog.  ;D  If I ever use up the 50' roll of tape I want to get grip tape that's textured, not gritty. This is what I have on all 3 of my .45s and it's like little glass crystals. It takes awhile to sand down my hand and fill in the gaps, then it's not so bad, but it's not very comfortable when I have a fresh piece of tape on. The 2" width is plenty to cover the front-strap of the double-width frames and go under both grip panels.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk