Author Topic: new rifle  (Read 19323 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: new rifle
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 10:23:48 PM »
Nice gun!

How'z'it shoot???

Michael b
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 10:36:40 PM »
Recieved the Barska reflex site today really sweet and what a great site picture target aquisition is faaaaaast and sharp its like both eyes are looking thru it mounted about 6 inches away . A friend is lending me his laser bore site tomorrow so I can site it in sunday. Believe it or not Michael I have not run a single round thru it yet. Been real busy. Probably Sunday afternoon if I can.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

flyandscuba

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:07:11 PM »
My latest two projects (in various stages of completion) -- the AR-10 and the .50 Beowulf

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 08:20:08 AM »
very nice flyandscuba.......... 8)

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 03:18:51 PM »
My latest two projects (in various stages of completion) -- the AR-10 and the .50 Beowulf

I dont see a compensator on that Beowulf. I want to know about the recoil after you get to shoot it flyandscuba.Thanks
tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:55:21 AM »

flyandscuba

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 03:37:42 PM »
Ha!  Installed the compensator this morning -- letting the Loctite cure right now!  I've got to locate ammo before I can test it out...seems to be a shortage right now and AA is backordered.  I suspect quite a bit has been going overseas...

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 03:49:04 PM »
  I suspect quite a bit has been going overseas...
True man soooo true. Just keep us informed and i think you will be very pleased with the comp. 8)
tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

flyandscuba

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »
I put this together a couple of months ago, but today was the first opportunity I had to take it to the range for zeroing the Trijicon Reflex sight.

All I can say is that I had a HUGE grin on my face as I went through the process! To think, I was going to sell off the old unused Bushy when an email message from Randy Cain convinced me to give the Beowulf a try.

I did put in a heavy buffer and replaced the collapsable stock for the A2 stock -- and added the optional muzzle brake. To me, the recoil was no worse than my AR-10 firing milsurp ball.

With the Rainer 334 gr HP bullet producing 1800 fps and 2400 ftlbs at the 50 yard mark -- it should do quite well on Hogs. It is essentially similar ballistics to the 500 S&W Magnum out of an AR platform. Owning the 500 S&W Magnum both in a revolver and a single shot rifle, I can tell you that this is much more comfortable to shoot.

One thing I might mention, although the muzzle brake reduces the felt recoil, it does make the rifle extremely loud to those on the firing line. When I walked up to the rifle line, I purposely went to the far end -- knowing this would produce a retort. Several AR shooters were on the line. One was showing off a suppressor and another was blasting away with an SBR. Negative comments were already being made about the loudness of the SBR as I loaded up quietly -- turning my back to the rest of the line, lest the secret be spoiled.

Amidst the pop - pop - pow -pow, I squeezed the trigger... Curiously, the range fell silent. A "DAAAAY-UMM" was uttered somewhere down the line -- and then someone spied the box of ammo labeled Beowulf. :) It turned out to be the crowd pleaser for the day.

Once I have the opportunity to use it on some meat, I'll post another range report -- along with some pics. For now, just a few of the set-up:

For more information: www.alexanderarms.com

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »
Nice!  What is the trajectory like and where are you going to zero?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »
very nice ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk