34 (44.7%)
Yes -- 2 reloads
14 (18.4%)
Yes -- 3 reloads
0 (0%)
Yes -- more then 3
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Poll -- How much ammo do you carry for your CCW?  (Read 12788 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Poll -- How much ammo do you carry for your CCW?
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »
Like I said in an earlier thread.....

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=4224.msg49295#msg49295

I'm starting to rethink the fact that I dont carry any extra mags with my CCW. About the only thing that is really stopping me is that I dont have a mag holster, or any other way to carry a spare except to just shove it in my pocket (which I am not too keen on). I know it would be damn near impossible to do so during the summer months, but now that it is winter, I really dont have any excuse. You guys got any ideas on cheap inexpensive mag pouches or other methods of carrying a backup mag.

* I sure do wish I could find a way to carry my 33 rounder with me  ;D
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
Re: Poll -- How much ammo do you carry for your CCW?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »

Isn't that how Peg mad his Leg  ;D

I didn't vote, because it varies.  With the J frame I carry one reload (5 rounds), but with a semi-auto I usually carry two extra mags.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
I voted 2, But it all depends on what I'm carrying, with my J-Frame I have 2 speed loaders and a 2x2x2 pouch on my belt(Tactical Reload) with a self loader(1911 or Hi-Power) I carry 2 spare Mags on my belt.

Ericire, Don't go the cheap route, You will be better served with a quality mag or speedloader/speed strip pouch than a cheap one. It will last longer, stay put and not dump your spare ammo on the ground when you might need it the most.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
Ericire, Don't go the cheap route, You will be better served with a quality mag or speedloader/speed strip pouch than a cheap one. It will last longer, stay put and not dump your spare ammo on the ground when you might need it the most.

Not cheap, but cost effective is what I am looking for.

I use an Uncle Mike's paddle holster or an Uncle Mike's IWB holser. Both are very inexpensive and have served me very well.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:33:36 PM »
I didn't vote because I don't carry concealed. When I open carry while hunting I usually carry two spare mags. I thought that I would probably do the same whenever I get around to getting my CPL.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:02:37 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »
It's times like this that I wish I carried my 635 S&W.  Can you imagine with me how badly I want to say I carry extra CLIPS ?

Hey ... Wait a minute ... Does a Bianchi strip qualify as a clip?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 10:50:16 PM »
i always carry 2 spare mags when i cc... all mags are filled to capacity and the pistol always has one in the chamber
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:01:08 PM »
For my 1911 I carry one spare Wilson ETM with 8 Cor-Bon 45 ACP+P 230 gr.  For my revolvers I carry either a 5 round or 6 round HKS speedloader with Speer Gold Dot 38+P short barrel 135 gr.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »
I usually carry a spare magazine for the Carry 9 or, on walks with Alf the Wonder Beagle, four extra rounds for the Bond Derringer (2 buckshot; 2 .45 Colt SilverTips).

Given the current state of the economy and the opportunity for social unrest to boil up very quickly, I tend to carry a little more horsepower when I'm in big cities or on the road. Last road trip I included an AR to keep me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

1776 Rebel

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 11:03:01 AM »
So here is a twist on this topic. Do you consider your car as part of your CCW? When you drive down to McDonalds you are in the car, out of the car, around the car. In other words do you carry extra ammo/guns in the car? How much/many?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk