34 (44.7%)
Yes -- 2 reloads
14 (18.4%)
Yes -- 3 reloads
0 (0%)
Yes -- more then 3
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Poll -- How much ammo do you carry for your CCW?  (Read 12738 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: Poll -- How much ammo do you carry for your CCW?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »
I'll work on it.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeO

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 11:52:32 AM »
I know I should, but I rarely do carry an extra speed loader/mag. Or a knife. Or a flashlight. Or a cell phone... I'm retired and I do NOT miss the Bat Belt!

Most likely, one way or another, it's gonna be over for me or them before either of us gets past 6 - 8 rounds. I'm always looking to see trouble before trouble sees me.

I'm interested in self defense while I get the heck outta Dodge, not charging up San Juan Hill mall to save the day.

Maybe for the New Year I'll resolve to carry a reload, and that other stuff, all the time... would really suck to be floating up and away looking down at my body and thinking "really shoulda had that..."

Maybe I'll get a nice Man Bag!? Know of any?

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 12:17:34 PM »

Maybe I'll get a nice Man Bag!? Know of any?

Unless you're talking about a scrotum, that's an oxymoron.  ;D

Joking aside, I did find some companies that sold packs you could strap across the chest for biking/jogging, and there was one bag with a funny name that escapes me at the moment. They advertised 'conceal in plain sight'. something like that.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 12:28:39 PM »
Bane has a great one that has been discussed on this forum in the past....

See discussion here:
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=2142.msg22285#msg22285

...... We never did see that DRTV giveaway did we?  :P
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 12:30:53 PM »
http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23846/catid/14/The_Wilderness__039__Safepacker_Holster

The Dillion Wilderness' Safepacker Holster could qualify as a man pack.    ;)
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:09:53 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 12:32:21 PM »

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 12:34:02 PM »
2 min and 17 seconds. 

Great minds.   ;D
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »
2 min and 17 seconds. 

Great minds.   ;D

In "Jeopardy time" that is an eternity!

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »
That's one bag. Let's see who's google fu can find the bag that you can suspend on your lower back or lower chest. It had a crisscross strap system, as well as a regular strap.

My powers are weak today...
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

wilddog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 03:50:49 PM »
I prefer to open carry, but I carry the same amount anywhere. I only carry one extra mag. My Taurus 24/7 OSS has a 15+1 capacity, and they way I see it, if I can't hit my target in 31 rounds I need to set it down and never pick it up again. Plus mine is a .40cal and if I can't kill it with 31 rounds...well folks....I'm screwed to start with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk