Author Topic: Intro music on Downrange Radio  (Read 3633 times)

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro music on Downrange Radio
« on: December 19, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »
You've got to stop playing intro music to the show. It is starting to get too expensive.  ;D

Introducing me to all these singers and songwriters who are out of the Pop Culture mainstream is forcing me to start download not just the songs but the albums on iTunes!

First it was Pitbull Daycare. Then it was Webb Wilder and the "Devil's Right Hand". Today I downloaded all of Tom Russell's "Indians Cowboys Horses Dogs" album just because I liked "Tonight We Ride".

For a more punk version of "Devil's Right Hand", check out the version from a group called "Hammerlock."

You need to put out a compilation album. With no apologies to NPR, I'd call it "I Heard it on Downrange Radio: Music for the Gun Culture."

John
So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Intro music on Downrange Radio
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »
You've got to stop playing intro music to the show. It is starting to get too expensive.  ;D

Introducing me to all these singers and songwriters who are out of the Pop Culture mainstream is forcing me to start download not just the songs but the albums on iTunes!

First it was Pitbull Daycare. Then it was Webb Wilder and the "Devil's Right Hand". Today I downloaded all of Tom Russell's "Indians Cowboys Horses Dogs" album just because I liked "Tonight We Ride".

For a more punk version of "Devil's Right Hand", check out the version from a group called "Hammerlock."

You need to put out a compilation album. With no apologies to NPR, I'd call it "I Heard it on Downrange Radio: Music for the Gun Culture."

John

If you liked Russell's renditions, try Ian Tyson - he covers a lot of Russell's music but has a much better voice, a better way of presenting the music.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »
Ian Tyson is sort of a Cowboy God...I strongly recommend his duet with Nanci Griffith on his "Summer Wages," one of the greatest cowboy songs of all time...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »
Ian Tyson is sort of a Cowboy God...I strongly recommend his duet with Nanci Griffith on his "Summer Wages," one of the greatest cowboy songs of all time...

Michael B

Or Range Delivery with Cindy Church

So many songs . . . .
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk