Author Topic: I met Michael Bane  (Read 14431 times)

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I met Michael Bane
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »
Naw Hazcat, it was them pics I was razzin' ya about. But this........  :o
I am going to go brush my locks and put some vitamin E on my tattoos.  ;)

Tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

timber

• Forum Member
    • Ravens Keep B & B
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 01:59:10 PM »
hey guys, I was just trying to get a comment out of Michael, he hasn't said anything about me calling BS on him over on another thread that's running.
tb 

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 04:01:02 PM »
Naw Hazcat, it was them pics I was razzin' ya about. But this........  :o
I am going to go brush my locks and put some vitamin E on my tattoos.  ;)

Tex

I've been out of town for a few days.  Did ya get some new tats?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 06:40:57 PM »
No not any new ones, but that vitaminE is like wax for a Harley, makes 'em look like new and the colors pop.

By the way,
I've been out of town for a few days.

Good to have ya back.

Tex

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 10:07:22 PM »
Well, I am taller than I am in person! Wait...is that right?

Earrings, tats, heck, I was just a writer who specialized in risky business and as a consequence moved in some farily odd crowds...television was an accident. The earrings did help when i was running the NSSF Media Education Program — liberals are surprisingly easy to lull in to complacency if they think you're "one of them." The last Christmas party i had here in Planet Boulder, a "liberal activist defense attorney" came...he said that even though I was a "gun guy," he liked me because I wasn;t like "those other whackos with an ammunition factory in the basement." My Sweetie said, on cue, "have you ever actually seen our basement?" and took him down...he came back with big eyes. "Oh my god! You're just like those other crazies. You've got an earring, and you're crazy!"

Well, there you are!

Heck, I'm the luckiest guy in the world! I got an email today from a company wondering if I had enough ARs. Of course, the answer was, "Like, no." I'm going to Idaho to shoot the new .408 military sniper round at 2000 yards. I'm thinking of going to Europe for a while to hang around arms factories and get some Czech pilsner. I send SHOOTING GALLERY t-shirts to Iraq and count the heads of the top contracting companies as personal friends. I've handled John Browning's guns and the guns Clint Eastwood carried in "Josey Wales;" at the request of Col. Jeff Cooper shot up the last bx of 20 super-hot Norma 10mms out of Bren Ten seriel number 001; spent time in cheesey bars listening to war stories I can't repeat. I have no job security, lousy health insurance, a collection of custom 1911s that also includes my father's Remington Rand. I've helped design guns, blown up two, midwifed three shooting sports and engineered enough money for USA SHooting to help get the Olympic team to Athens for the last Summer Games.I get to go to Knob Creek and shoot all the guns. LUCKY! I owe it all to you guys, who put up with a LOT!

Seriously, thank you!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:56:46 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 10:42:10 PM »
MB,

Many of us live vicariously through you and we appreciate the direct communication and straight forward programming you provide.

Do me a favor and when you get to the 'old country' see if you can find out anything about the double rifles that Remington is supposed to get from Baikal. (See, that's what I mean by direct communication.  Sort of like having an 'in' to the industry!)

Keep up the good work.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 11:05:16 PM »
That Chey Tac system is awsome. Robin Sharpless is a heck of a guy. When he worked for H&R he stopped in our shop often and left a very good impression on me. The bosses are proud to call him a friend. Thats a hard catagory to get into with the "Boss". When I heard of the 408 I wanted to try my hand at it real bad. My trigger finger still tingles thinking about it Man. Wow! Lucky MB lucky i say.

tex

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 06:36:37 AM »
Well, I am taller than I am in person! Wait...is that right?

LUCKY! I owe it all to you guys, who put up with a LOT!

Seriously, thank you!

Michael B

And we all owe you a beer.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

timber

• Forum Member
    • Ravens Keep B & B
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 09:54:50 AM »
I tried buying Michael a beer one time, I think he washed his hair with it  ;D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »
Depends on what kind of beer it was...Worsham, in response to your email question...since 1999, I've lightened up a little on beer, spending a bit less time with porters and stouts and a bitd more with lighter brews.

For just drinking beer with a meal, it's hard to beat Anchor Steam, and Anchor Steam owner Fritz Maytag is a hoot.

As a category, I like alts, but the only real bottled alt is Alaskan Amber, which can ususally only be found on the West Coast here and there. I like a good Pils, but they are darn hard to find...American microbrewers tend to either steer away from them or over-hop 'em. I have to say the best Pils I have ever had was fresh beer in the Czech Republic...those guys are on top of it! Gordon Biersch's Pils is pretty good and more available. If I'm at a Biersch microbrewery, though, I'll usually opt for the marzen, unless their maibock is available. Maibock rocks...it's a pale-colored hoppy lager with an extremely high alcohol content (Mike Dillon and I once had a fascinating conversation about maibock, BTW). There's bottled versions around, but the only one I'd recommend is Dead Guy Ale from Rogue, which doesn't have quite the alcohol % of some versions.

In terms of a good summer beer you should try, check out Grand Teton's Bitch Creek ESB...it's a multiple gold medal winner and we usually keep a six-pack of it in the house. For my money, the best bitter is Rogue's Brutal Bitter, but it is damned expensive...like $10 a six-pack.

India Pale Ales are a good summer choice, but WAY overdone by American microbrewers (who tend to be addicted to hops). My favorite is Stone I.P.A., the only drawback is the alcohol content's a bit high. My Sweetie really likes Redhook's Long-Hammer IPA, although I preferred their Ballard Bitter, which was really somewhere between a bitter and an IPA and seems to have gone the way of the Great Auk...strangely, I never particularly cared for Redhook's ESB...not "B" enough!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk