Author Topic: Swatting - new hobby for idiots  (Read 4303 times)

1776 Rebel

Swatting - new hobby for idiots
« on: February 01, 2009, 09:29:36 PM »
Since the police love to raid homes and terrify victims, some idiots have learned to use that response to their advantage. Called SWATTING they target homeowners randomly (or not so randomly) and have the police attack their targets. And they can accomplish all this from thousands of miles away. Lovely.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090202/ap_on_hi_te/tec911_swatting

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Swatting - new hobby for idiots
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:32:22 PM »
I fear this could turn deadly.  Some day a homeowner trying to protect his family is going to be gunned down in a false report and response.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:14:39 AM »
With out a doubt. As it is there have been deaths in every state at the hands of Police raids on wrong addresses.

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:16:14 AM »
While I deplore this kind of stupidity, what I deplore more is the militarization of the police in this country. I have watched while a SWAT team raided a house, the raid was not over drugs or guns or terrorism it was over an illegal cable TV hook up. The judge who signed the warrant said that it was justified because drug dealers would often steal cable and therefore the people in the house should be considered armed and dangerous. This is what America has come too.   
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 01:18:51 AM »
While I deplore this kind of stupidity, what I deplore more is the militarization of the police in this country. I have watched while a SWAT team raided a house, the raid was not over drugs or guns or terrorism it was over an illegal cable TV hook up. The judge who signed the warrant said that it was justified because drug dealers would often steal cable and therefore the people in the house should be considered armed and dangerous. This is what America has come too.  

The judge is the sort of idiot we need to remove from public affairs .

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:53:59 PM »

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 03:06:26 PM »
I wonder if anyone has thought of going after the IP company or the ID spoofing co. I don't know about you, but anything with the word "spoofing" in it just doesn't seem on the up and up.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »
They need to send SWAT to my neighbors house. People are always telling me he deals drugs. All I know for sure is that he's on drugs, because he admits that much.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »
Careful what you wish for Frank!  There are lots of reports of law enforcement raiding the wrong house.  I can see it now ... You in your undies, on your knees, in the front yard, and your neighbor looking out the window ... duuuuuuuude  :o
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:15:36 PM »
That's the kind of luck I always have too.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 05:19:07 PM »
That's the kind of luck I always have too.

You're singing the story of my life......if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.   lol
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk