Author Topic: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles  (Read 20035 times)

Roy Hill

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »

A good student in a Marine ROTC unit had some pieces of wood, wrapped in duct tape, that were shaped like rifles in her car in the school parking lot.

Administrators suspended her for 10 days.

And check out all those comments at the  bottom of the page.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=109380&catid=339

By the way. This is the exact same school district that caused the uproar when one of its brilliant teachers lectured students that Bush is exactly like Adolf Hitler.

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »
This rates right up there with the little boy who got expelled for drawing a picture of a gun >:(
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »
Where is the ACLU in this  ???  I believe that it is time we start calling on those liberal bastards to stand up for us in this time of prejudice and abuse against us as law abiding citizens.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 12:41:16 AM »
Where is the ACLU in this  ???  I believe that it is time we start calling on those liberal bastards to stand up for us in this time of prejudice and abuse against us as law abiding citizens.

Didn't you know, according to the ACLU the bill of rights only contains 9 articles  :(

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 01:11:59 AM »
This is state law, stupid as it is.  A few years back a student was suspended for the whole school year for having a laser pointer shaped like a gun that was the size of your thumb (action figure sized).  Welcome to the wonderful world of ZERO tolerance, making it so that no judgment can be used by anyone.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:54:19 AM »

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 01:36:51 AM »
Sign the principal up to get a subscription to handgun magazine...and have it sent to the school. ;)

Chaos! works wonders!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:36:02 AM »
She needs formally drop out of school, take the GED, and then take some college courses while waiting for her freshman class at the MMA.

This ends up being a black mark against the school (a drop out) at the same time it puts her ahead of her classmates.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

deamonpi

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:06:19 AM »
she said she needed a diploma for entry into the Merchant Marines,  A GED will not do.  A GED may very well preclude her for joining the Merchant Marines.  If she can't graduate at the end of the year, she will have to take Adult Basic Education classes and actually finish her school and get a diploma. 
Damasureta ho ga warui
(The decieved were wrong)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
Web site for Douglas County Young Marines to offer support for this young lady:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communitarianism

Web site for Cherry Creek Schools (for politely posting your support for one of their students that is trying to better herself through very honorable activities):

http://www.ccsd.k12.co.us/
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »

Everytime I hear these "zero" tolerance laws, I wonder if educators, admin, faculty, who are this stupid, can have the same standard apply and get them expelled.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk