Author Topic: Marshalette's birthday present  (Read 23772 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 841
Marshalette's birthday present
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
I can't believe it  :-[  I get busy for a few days  :-[ don't pay attention to things on here  :-[ and I damn near miss a National Holiday  :-[

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  M'ETTE !!!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I've never been smart enough to shut up ...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:45:39 PM »
Happy birthday M'ETTE, you're finally old enough to belly up to the bar.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Marshalette's birthday present
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »

Here it is.... Mette's birthday present.

She saw a similar gun at the Tactical Solution booth at SHOT Show and I knew by the look on her face, that I had something added to my shopping list. My friend's at TS (maybe enemies is the right word? LOL) didn't help me much and kept showing her "stuff" while I was trying to drag her to our next assignment. Nooo way... she was, like STUCK to the booth. I walked off... but, I had to hear about purple guns, fluted barrels and red dot sights for the next few weeks. I listened and agreed that..yes.. that was an awesome looking gun, and I tried so hard to change the subject every time it came up. Nope! She would bring it up every time she saw something purple ( which was a lot since that is her favorite color)

So, after realizing I was cornered and since she is supervising our joint gun purchase budget (as in limiting my hardware needs), I called TS and said they had to help me out and also added that it was all their fault. They were the ones showing off at their booth.

I think Chet at TS already had an idea about what she wanted and after some back and forth and exchange of necessary info, the order was submitted:

One 8 1/2" PAC-Lite barrel for the Ruger Mark I,II or III in purple color with post anodized flutes (silver).
A set of matching grips.
A Pac-Lite Integral Rail

The problem was that the gun she had seen at the TS booth was a stainless Ruger Mark III. There was no way I could get hold of one before her birthday. Luckily, she already had a couple of Rugers, one Mark I and one Mark II. The Mark II had fixed sights and even if it was in a blue finish, I decided to use that one for now.

So after picking up the goodies at the gunstore, I replaced the upper on her Mark II with the TS barrel and the grips. I also ordered a BSA holographic sight which came in time and the result can be seen above. I think the color combination looks good, don't you?
Oh yeah.... she is a very very happy Birthday Girl.

Product info for those interested:

http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=38

http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=9&idproduct=679

http://www.bsaoptics.com/scope.aspx?product=325

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Marshalette's birthday present
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:04:58 AM »
VERY COOL!!!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 01:40:23 AM »
Very nice. The long barrel doesn't look unwieldy or out of place either.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:09:57 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 01:52:04 AM »
Happy Birthday M'ette. Enjoy your new pistol.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 02:05:11 AM »
Very Cool   

Happy Birthday Marshalette 

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 02:37:22 AM »
Very nice.
Happy Birthday Mette
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 02:58:02 AM »
Thank you guys ( and for the flowers   :-* )......... my beautiful purple  gun is so light and easy shooting. And the sights..... awesome.. I LOVE IT!
Definitely a GREAT Birthday present.  :)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 02:59:48 AM »
Thanks........... and yea.. I can belly up to the bar.( don't know if it is my age that allows me to do that or my expanding waistline)  ;D
But thanks for the birthday wishes... and I AM going to enjoy my new pistol. ;D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk