Author Topic: Celebrity Shootout?  (Read 33019 times)

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Celebrity Shootout?
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
I want to expand the list to celebs that shooter 2.0 might like.

Micheal Gross
Genevive Gorder  (She looked competent shooting a shotgun on Trading Spaces)
Kid Rock
Milla Jovovich
Kate Beckinsale
Chris Pine
Zoe Saldana

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
One of the reasons I stopped watching SG is the B-lister shooting segment.
i just didn't care to watch non-shooters do non shooter shooting.

Was less than yawn for me.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 11:00:53 AM »

Sorry to hear you quit watching RTFM!  However, I enjoy watching a mix, and I am a person that would like to see the coverage expanded to competitions with more "guy on the street" shooting events (the exact opposite of what you appear to want).  Not like the celebrity shootout, but coverage of the average range, club and match.  That is the conflict Michael has faced, and you are complaining about a show that leans your way not mine.

We all need to decide what we want to watch, and if we want to play nice in the sandbox.  Sorry you're not watching anymore, but I'd rather put up with what I do get than give up the exposure all together.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

I'm not bashing here.....It's your opinion......and that's fine, everyone here is entitled to theirs...... I won't try to convince you to watch or anything else, but I would offer this:

It seems to me that any time you can get a "non-shooter" or "maybe-sometimes-shooter" to SHOOT, and especially in Hollyweird....AND on TV....it is a big + for all shooters. Sometimes you have to fight the "fight" in a more subtle manner.

If there are particular segments that don't appeal to me, I just FF the DVR or make a popcorn run to the microwave.

JMHO, FWIW.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »

It seems to me that any time you can get a "non-shooter" or "maybe-sometimes-shooter" to SHOOT, and especially in Hollyweird....AND on TV....it is a big + for all shooters. Sometimes you have to fight the "fight" in a more subtle manner.

Good point - and I hope it brings in more shooters or at least peaks their interest in finding out more about our sport.
I just don't want to spend what little time I do get for my self watching what use to be a very enjoyable show - now watching Aunt Bea get flustered by the electronic timer

It does not make for good or informative broadcasting for me.
I move on.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 05:48:50 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk