Author Topic: OBAMA - The Economy is Fundamentally Sound...  (Read 5461 times)

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
OBAMA - The Economy is Fundamentally Sound...
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »
So when can I expect my 401K to begin looking better Mr. President?

"WASHINGTON – The economy is fundamentally sound despite the temporary "mess" it's in, the White House said Sunday in the kind of upbeat assessment that Barack Obama had mocked as a presidential candidate.

During the fall campaign, Obama relentlessly criticized his Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, for declaring, "The fundamentals of our economy are strong." Obama's team painted the veteran senator as out of touch and failing to grasp the challenges facing the country.

But on Sunday, that optimistic message came from economic adviser Christina Romer. When asked during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" if the fundamentals of the economy were sound, she replied: "Of course they are sound."

"The fundamentals are sound in the sense that the American workers are sound, we have a good capital stock, we have good technology," she said. "We know that — that temporarily we're in a mess, right? We've seen huge job loss, we've seen very large falls in GDP. So certainly in the short run we're in a — in a bad situation."

Just a week ago, White House Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag declared that "fundamentally, the economy is weak." Days later, Obama told reporters he was confident in the economy."

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
Re: OBAMA - The Economy is Fundamentally Sound...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »
WHAT  A  F***ING  CLOWN !!!

Back last summer and early fall when President Bush pointed out the positives and how things could work, and when Mr. McCain said the "economy is basically sound," this President, then candidate, blasted everyone with an "R"!  All we heard was how bad things were going to get, and he could not take time away from campaigning to help fix it, because he could multi task his way into power to do it right.  We heard what a huge mistake bailouts were to correct this and shore it up.  Now we are watching the know-it-alls pass bailout after bailout (oops ... they had the power to stop the first one but pushed it through), and now they are giving the pep talk to quell fears and emotions that they made fun of less than six months ago.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »
WHAT  A  F***ING  CLOWN !!!

Back last summer and early fall when President Bush pointed out the positives and how things could work, and when Mr. McCain said the "economy is basically sound," this President, then candidate, blasted everyone with an "R"!  All we heard was how bad things were going to get, and he could not take time away from campaigning to help fix it, because he could multi task his way into power to do it right.  We heard what a huge mistake bailouts were to correct this and shore it up.  Now we are watching the know-it-alls pass bailout after bailout (oops ... they had the power to stop the first one but pushed it through), and now they are giving the pep talk to quell fears and emotions that they made fun of less than six months ago.

The thing that REALLY pissees me off is that this will be one more time when the mainstream media will fawn over what a genius Obama is, and praise him for his leadership ability in being able to reassure the country in these dire economic times.

I wish that JUST ONCE these so-called "reporters" would do their damn job, and throw a bullshit flag on one of this asshole's grandstand plays, calling him out for the hypocrite that he is!!

McCain was right........the fundamentals of the economy WERE basically strong when he said they were.  And now, after trashing McCain for making that statement, this self-righteous, sanctimonious, pompous, arrogant, narcissitic sonofabitch says the same damn thing, and the kool-aid drinkers lap it up like hogs at a trough.

This country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Pardon me while I go throw up.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:49:17 PM »
Look on the bright side T. The shock, rioting and famine that result when reality strikes will kill large numbers of the unprepared sheeple who believe this Renoir of BS.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »
Look on the bright side T. The shock, rioting and famine that result when reality strikes will kill large numbers of the unprepared sheeple who believe this Renoir of BS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  While I believe that the citizens get the kind of government they deserve, it sucks that, in this case, the a-holes will be taking the rest of us down with them.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:47:53 PM »

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 12:20:23 PM »
Lets see.......... How did how Obama a describe John McCain last year when he  said "the fundamentals of our economy are strong."

He arrogantly ask him.."Senator McCain, what economy are you talking about?"
He called him .......
"Stubborn."
"Out of touch."
"Incapable of understanding" the economic crisis.

But now  Obama ( and I refuse to add the President in front of his name. )  is mimicking McCain ..
( go figure)

In January, The Faith Healer Messiah says:

“Every day we wait or point fingers or drag our feet, more Americans will lose their jobs, more families will lose their savings,” Obama will say.“More dreams will be deferred and denied. And our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse.”

So.. once again.. He has taken off like a flopping kite tail  not having a clue as to what direction to take. NOW he says everything is OK again, and advises people to buy stocks. **Whatever!**

Always acting like the guy with all the answers....trying to be the all knowing all mighty  know it all micro-managing our lives. So...he says its OK to buy stocks now...amazing all of a sudden he is a Wall Street guru. And last month he told us we were headed to economic "catastrophe," but this month tells us everything is fine?

Does Obama think all of us are as dumb/numb as the people who voted for him? Does Obama really think, when he says jump, we all will jump?? What a mindless fraud.

But on the other hand..you know what? You can't blame him for thinking most people are ignorant and/or stupid. After all, he won the election by reading words off the teleprompter, and acting very cool, calm and collected. He's a dog and pony show.

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »
Lets see.......... How did how Obama a describe John McCain last year when he  said "the fundamentals of our economy are strong."

Headshot!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MOREGUNS

• Forum Member
  • BANG!
    • D&M GUN SALES (GUNS FOR SALE)
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »
The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
GUNS FOR SALE
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=658336

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 02:18:02 PM »
He's a dog and pony show.

You should not be so unkind to dogs or ponies.  Dogs are at the very least loyal and horses know enough not to drink bad water (kool aid ;) )

;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
(kool aid ;) )

;D

Better then badger's milk  ;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk