Author Topic: Federal Carry Permit Idea  (Read 8747 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 467
Re: Federal Carry Permit Idea
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 04:16:42 PM »
Fuzdaddy,

CONFESSION TIME.   Not an original thought.  (rights->people, power->states)   I picked this up from reading The Founders' Second Admendment by Halbrook. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SigShooter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 04:30:50 PM »
Well, suppose this were to happen. I happen to choose a carry gun that has a standard capacity above 10 rounds. Suppose I was driving in one of those tiny New England states. In one state it would be legal, but when I pass through a state with an AWB on my way to a third state, I'd be in violation of a state AWB even if I never left the federal interstate.

If you have federal carry, you'll need to get rid of state AWBs, or there will be fights over state laws on federal property.
From my cold dead hands...to my next of kin to further our rights.

Never to the government. They can buy their own.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 04:43:22 PM »
Well, suppose this were to happen. I happen to choose a carry gun that has a standard capacity above 10 rounds. Suppose I was driving in one of those tiny New England states. In one state it would be legal, but when I pass through a state with an AWB on my way to a third state, I'd be in violation of a state AWB even if I never left the federal interstate.

If you have federal carry, you'll need to get rid of state AWBs, or there will be fights over state laws on federal property.

Guess who is heading down the trail that this type of thing could force.  Would be a nice thing wouldn't it  ;)

Remember that I go all the way back to the point that we need to find a way for our Constitution and Bill of Rights to have their full meaning again.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »
It would be your responsibility to know the laws of the states that you plan to travel in.
Each state has different traffic laws, even on federal highways. Same with gun laws. I can legally carry in Florida with my Georgia license now, but I must abide by their laws when in their state.

No one said it would be easy....but it can work.

Here is a good source of info.....   http://handgunlaw.us/state-link.htm

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 04:59:54 PM »
I agree that the Constitution trumps ALL state laws.  We either have the right or we don't, period.  What then do we do about the restrictions on who, what, where, when and how much? 

In MA, over 5 rounds is considered "High Capacity" and over 10 rounds is a "Felony"....regardless of the type/caliber of firearm...

My granddads 1903 Savage .22 has an 8 round detachable magazine and I MUST have a "High Capacity" LTC to even posess the rifle...

You will NEVER, EVER convince everyone, everywhere!  I'm not trying to be a buzzkill here but it would be easier to put a fence around the state and never cross into MA...build a big bridge or another tunnel.....burn another 20 billion taxpayer dollars on another BIG F*@%king DIG.....It's a great dream but without another revolution, these things going to be tough to accomplish.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:02:10 AM »

D-Man

• Active Forum Member
    • 5 Arrows Tactical
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »
Regardless of what's messed up, I'll use a UT or FL permit in CA if this would ever pass. If California's legislature is going to act ridiculous, then use any and every loophole against them.

+1 to that!

Darren

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor / NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home / NRA Metallic & Shotgun Reloading / NRA RSO

UT/FL/VA Certified CCW Instructor

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/

http://twitter.com/5ArrowsTactical

http://www.nevadabackcountrytours.com/

Semper Fidelis!

Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle - Psalm 144:1

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
Regardless of what's messed up, I'll use a UT or FL permit in CA if this would ever pass. If California's legislature is going to act ridiculous, then use any and every loophole against them.

Its not CA that was throw the stink.. it was WY... a very pro CCW state.

Not every state has CCW, you can bet that if they have to honor every one elses, they won't be creating a CCW system.  I also know that CA would toss out CCW faster then you can say CCW.  That is not a good thing.

Knowing the laws is one thing, fallowing them is another.  Even if CA allowed every states CCW permits to be good in CA, CCW here would still be a felony, as the gun is not registered to you.  The CA DOJ is the only registry that counts and you can not register a gun if your out of state.  There is a lawsuit in the works right now about the federal law that allows LEOs to carry nation wide... if it went strait by the current inturpatation of the US cons, the law would be struck down, but since no judge wants to be known as " the guy that took LEOs guns away" it most likly be put at the bottum of the pile never to be seen...
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

D-Man

• Active Forum Member
    • 5 Arrows Tactical
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »
Knowing the laws is one thing, fallowing them is another.  Even if CA allowed every states CCW permits to be good in CA, CCW here would still be a felony, as the gun is not registered to you.  The CA DOJ is the only registry that counts and you can not register a gun if your out of state.  There is a lawsuit in the works right now about the federal law that allows LEOs to carry nation wide... if it went strait by the current inturpatation of the US cons, the law would be struck down, but since no judge wants to be known as " the guy that took LEOs guns away" it most likly be put at the bottum of the pile never to be seen...

The good thing is that living in CA, and having my non-resident permit in UT, OR, and NH I would be able to carry here if something like this passed as I am legal in CA.  :)

Darren

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor / NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home / NRA Metallic & Shotgun Reloading / NRA RSO

UT/FL/VA Certified CCW Instructor

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/

http://twitter.com/5ArrowsTactical

http://www.nevadabackcountrytours.com/

Semper Fidelis!

Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle - Psalm 144:1

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 08:40:13 PM »
I'm sure you know, when it comes to CCW in CA, what matters is the county you live in.   Out of the 58 countys ~ 40 of the are basicly shall issue.

In the most northern states its not uncommon to have more adults with CCW permits then not.  Granted there is only a few thousand in each of the countys.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 09:13:24 PM »
TAB ... Take a Midol for that cramping and bloating ...

My proposal was for each State to be required to issue "shall issue" permits, and those permits would be honored Nationwide.  I believe this would be a good thing out there in the land of quivering Jello and fuits & nuts.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk