Author Topic: Potential Revolt against AIG bonuses  (Read 3455 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Potential Revolt against AIG bonuses
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »
I believe it is no exaggeration to say that when these issues come to a crescendo, people will be marching in the streets, demanding the arrest of all the rich executives and corrupt bureaucrats who took part in this massive financial theft.

http://www.congresscheck.com/2009/03/16/aig-bonuses-add-to-potential-for-public-revolt-against-wall-street-federal-reserve/
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Condition 1

• Forum Member
  • COCKED AND LOCKED, Is there any other way?
  • Liked:
Re: Potential Revolt against AIG bonuses
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
Sounds like a plan to me!!
Thank you Col. John Dean "Jeff" Cooper.
"You are outgunned only if you miss!"

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:50:59 AM »
This is such a smoke and mirrors misdirection by Dear Leader that it is ridiculous.

They are feeling the heat over the Trillion (with a T) that they shoved down our throats, so Obama is out there trying to redirect the blame....

"I'm mad as hell too, but lets be mad as hell at those guys, and not my administration."

They have no legal right to try to control their bonuses after they gave them the money with no strings attached (News flash - some people at AIG made their performance targets and deserve their bonuses), and besides that, they are blabbering on and on over an amount of money that in comparison to the amount of money given to AIG and in comparison to the Trillion (with a T) is pretty minuscule -- isnt that exactly what Dear Leader said the Republicans were doing for calling out the Pork in the Stimulus?

This guy bankrupt our nations future, and gave AIG a blank check and now he is trying to sling the rhetoric to make himself look like a fiscal conservative and that AIG is the bad guy. 

Its all nothing but spin and misdirection, and the Media is taking it and running with it.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
Now Barney Frank (D) is screaming that "we need to exercise our ownership rights".

Video added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D64gY2NgZA

Content Warning: Rachel Maddow  ::)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
UPDATE: Potential Revolt against AIG bonuses
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »
UPDATE: Exhibit A - Feds Knew about AIG bonuses for months

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/03/17/feds-knew-about-new-aig-bonuses-for-months-but-geithner-only-found-out-last-week/

The Treasury and Federal Reserve officials said they had known about the bonus program as far back as last fall. The program has provoked public protests from a handful of critics and at least one Democratic lawmaker in Congress — Representative Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, a member of the House Committee on Government Oversight, who demanded without success in December that A.I.G. provide information about the bonuses.

Mr. Cummings said he had been communicating regularly with A.I.G.’s chief executive, Edward M. Liddy, about the bonuses ever since December. Mr. Cummings said he was particularly concerned that the bonuses were supposed to be paid by March 15, adding that he assumed Treasury officials had the same worries…

But administration officials said that the Treasury secretary, Timothy F. Geithner, did not personally become aware until last week that an even bigger round of payments was due on March 15. Administration officials said Mr. Geithner learned of the deadline early last week, when the Federal Reserve Bank of New York alerted him that the bonus payments were coming due…

A.I.G. executives said they would never have proceeded with the bonus payments before getting approval from the Treasury and the Federal Reserve.

“We would never make any important business decisions without discussing them with our government managers and owners,” said one executive, who did not want to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter.

This is all political theater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUXx8nkgB7U

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:11:06 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »
This is such a bunch of crap. There were no strings attached, and EVERYONE KNEW these were contractual obligations PRIOR to any bailout money going to AIG.

The info was out there for a year, and only pertained to anything after Feb. 09.

Is is right that a company who lost 60 BILLION dollars last quarter alone give bonuses? Of course not.

Is it the "Keystone Cops" as Rush said today? Why Yes......

We're still less than 100 days folks. Roughly 1400 days to go and BHO admin. can go riding off into the cesspool / horizon of Chicago.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:54:11 PM »
And BHO's willing media whores will be lapping it up like pigs lap up slop.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »
And BHO's willing media whores will be lapping it up like pigs lap up slop.

I hear that bibs are a required item of dress now........
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
It was B O and the Dems that gave them the money. The banks should have been allowed to fail, if the money now is mis used it is BO and Congress that are to blame, the bankers had no incentive to change their ways.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk