Poll

Do you own a Ruger LCP? And do you still carry it?

Always
Occassionally
Never
Don't Own
Frequently

Author Topic: Ruger LCP One Year Later: How's it working for ya'?  (Read 24184 times)

fullautovalmet76

Ruger LCP One Year Later: How's it working for ya'?
« on: March 18, 2009, 07:15:25 PM »
I was in Gander Mountain today and saw the Ruger LCP "on sale" for $349. I asked the store clerk how many they stocked and he said they had received 43 in at the first of the week and are now down to 20 units.

For those of you who bought them why or why do you not carry them now? After carrying the gun for a year, what about the gun would you change?

boostjunkie1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ruger LCP One Year Later: How's it working for ya'?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »
I was in Gander Mountain today and saw the Ruger LCP "on sale" for $349. I asked the store clerk how many they stocked and he said they had received 43 in at the first of the week and are now down to 20 units.

For those of you who bought them why or why do you not carry them now? After carrying the gun for a year, what about the gun would you change?

I still carry mine on the ankle every weekend when I can carry. I shoot it often and every time it still amazes me at how accurate the little thing is. It is pretty snappy in the hand and you better have a good grip on it, but for a BUG... I LOVE IT!

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »
Unless something miraculous happens to our state legislature or the add a magazine disconnect (that I'd never wish on the rest of you), I'll never get one. Oh, or if I leave the state. I do want one though.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 09:26:05 PM »
Unless something miraculous happens to our state legislature or the add a magazine disconnect (that I'd never wish on the rest of you), I'll never get one. Oh, or if I leave the state. I do want one though.

Plenty of room here, in America.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »
Picked one up for the wife. I love the size of it but still love carrying something that shoots .45 acp. We have yet to take it to the range due to the lack of ammo situation.  >:(

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:57:51 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 03:17:33 AM »
Picked one up for the wife. I love the size of it but still love carrying something that shoots .45 acp. We have yet to take it to the range due to the lack of ammo situation.  >:(
Go to Cabelas or Basspro online, they had plenty the other day.
fightinquaker13

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 06:07:26 AM »
I usually carry it when I'm on the road and I know I'm going to be hitting rest stops. Desantis pocket holster, Federal HST ammo, mags (plural) have finger extensions to help control the Noisy Cricket when it (always) goes bang.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 11:59:44 AM »
Thanks for the replies so far. My purpose for this poll/thread is to look at what happens when the latest/greatest comes out to incredible hype. The Ruger LCP is a good candidate because of the hype surrounding its introduction and the subsequent demand for it that ensued. After all of the hype is gone, how does it work for you now?

I know that I am no exception to the phenomenon that happens when one convince themselves they have to have something and then get it and find out it really wasn't what they thought it was. Case in point: I bought one of the S&W 325NG revolvers, as it was in .45 ACP and I told myself how great of a carry gun it would be. I sold my snubby (model S&W 442) to get it. And the moment I made the deal, my intuition told me that this was a mistake. Indeed it proved to be that way, and within a month I had traded the 325 for my 649 and all is well again. It was an expensive lesson.....

I hope to get at least 30 responses to the poll/question so I can at least get a significant sample of DRTV member to base my conclusion.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
I'm in between 'always' and 'occasionally'.  More like 'frequently', as it's rarely my primary but often the BUG.

Really haven't fired it since the initial break in and because .380 is apparently rarer than a virgin hooker. 
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 12:38:11 PM »
I'm in between 'always' and 'occasionally'.  More like 'frequently', as it's rarely my primary but often the BUG.

Really haven't fired it since the initial break in and because .380 is apparently rarer than a virgin hooker. 

OK, Fatman. After reading what your post, I decided to add that category. Maybe that will help get more responses....

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk