Author Topic: Photographing guns  (Read 21934 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Photographing guns
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 11:01:24 AM »
Most of my photos are Motorola RAZR V3m.  However, that one just went in the box, and if I ever figure it out the next will be from a BlackBerry Curve.  If I can't figure the Curve out you will not be seeing photos from me.

P.S.

Leave the cat claws out of this.  I need those to give perspective, but after seeing Marshall without a hat I do believe we need glare control  ;D

If you can't figure out the curve give me a call.  I think you know where to find me.  LOL

Actually, I can bring my 4mp digital camera over and shoot (so to speak) your guns, if you'd like.    ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »
1776 Picky picky ;D ;D

I take a horrible picture of my guns or of anything for that matter, but that is my trademark. If I took a good one everyone would know it wasnt me.

I cant post pics cause I dont have an account at one of the Pic sights (photobucket) So I cant post any of my pro blurry, glare, bad light photos.

Also I only remember one Toe in a pic and I try to forget it everyday... :-X
Did we win???

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »
Testing.....1...2...3.....
Forgive me if this don't work out....I'm trying this damned photobucket-thing for the first time......... 8)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »
PegLeg, If you go to photobucket, under the links (first one if they are all the time, all if they only pop up when your cursor moves over the pic) you will see a "link Options" click on that and it will give you a menu that lets you select things like thumb nails or full size and explains a little about which links are for what purpose.
For Forums use IMG. Hope this helps.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »
Thanks Tom.......
I used the wrong links to start with, but think I have it. I only had a few pics on there to try out.

Now I have to go take more 'gun' photos.  ;)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:58:50 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »
Oh yeah ! That worked . Nice Pics.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 01:30:57 PM »
I want to build a "light box" for the handguns.  (Just a frame with white translucent material on sides and top) 
For long guns, it's hard to frame them because of their length.  To that end you end up only taking shots of part of the gun.  Or you take it at a severe angle.   I like outdoors for long guns.

This one take with a Cannon Sureshot 600 on an overcast day.  Macro setting, but everything else was auto.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »
I want to build a "light box" for the handguns.  (Just a frame with white translucent material on sides and top) 
For long guns, it's hard to frame them because of their length.  To that end you end up only taking shots of part of the gun.  Or you take it at a severe angle.   I like outdoors for long guns.

This one take with a Cannon Sureshot 600 on an overcast day.  Macro setting, but everything else was auto.

You should turn pro!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

1776 Rebel

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 02:00:19 PM »
HA I am now $10.36 into this lightbox project. I went to HD to pick up the PVC piping. Bought 3/4" stuff cause it seemed stiffer than the 1/2" pipe. Three lengths of 10ft plus 4 elbows and 4 tees. I am planning on a box approx 6 feet by 4 feet and about 2.5ft tall. I have a couple of muzzleloaders that I would love to get pictures of. Now I need a white sheet. I can just see the eyes of the cashier...an older white guy buying a white sheet :) I looked around and I'm gonna try out the following Compact Flourecent bulbs. They are rated for around 6500K temp which is pretty cool (blue) light like daylight or higher.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=296879-371-60063&lpage=none

By the way the pictures that you guys are posting are really very good. Where you been hiding them?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

You should turn pro!!

Thanks, but out of 2000 pictures in the last 2 years, this is about the only one anywhere near close "pro" work.  I just got lucky.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk