Author Topic: The low down on Michael Bane  (Read 27883 times)

donner

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The low down on Michael Bane
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 08:22:41 PM »
Michael is quite the "Chick Magnet".........no woman can resist that duck on his shirt!

Maybe she just wanted to have some 'girl talk' with him about his earrings...

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 09:03:28 PM »
So Michael, what's the story with the woman over your right shoulder?
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 10:27:11 PM »
Michael is quite the "Chick Magnet".........no woman can resist that duck on his shirt!

NAAA!  It's the grey hair, trust me I know.  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 01:25:12 PM »
I got a comment from SHOOTING GALLERY that said I was the "gayest guy in gun television." Does that mean I'm happy all the time? The writer also initimdated that Mickey Fowler, who did color commentary on the Steel Challenge epsodes was "more" than just my friend. I passed this on to Mickey, who admitted he never had more than a passing crush on me!

Geez, maybe I ought to dress up like a cowboy (whoops, already did that!)...maybe a construction worker or Indian chief...no wait! Won't that make me look like a one-man Broadway revival of the Village People?

Plus, there are only like SIX guys in gun television....me, Tom Gresham at PDTV, Gary James and Craig Boddington at G&A, Richard Young at COWOYS and Jim Scoutten at SHOOTING USA. Richard dresses up like a cowboy all the time and calls himself "Tequila," but let's set that aside for a moment. Tom Gresham wears a fedora, although not as nice as MY fedora that I wear in Vegas! Craig Boddington dresses in kakhi safari clothes...suspicious, except that he actually goes on safaris. Gary James, well, he sort of looks like me, except smarter. Jim Scoutten has a deep, deep voice, and I won't even go there. Maybe what we actually need is a girl in gun television...there's always the lovely and ascerbic Revolver Queen, Lisa F., who once harvested eyeballs as a summer job and, at a group dinner one night, explained how to expertly remove testicles for havest with a precision-designed sharpened spoon. Well, that was a conversation ender! Another good bet would be Wendy Henry, who is beautiful and carries a very big gun...a .50 BMG Barrett, specifically, with which she shoots 1000 yard competition and hunts big game — "Any shot under 500 yards just doesn't seem fair," is her motto. Or maybe Il Ling New, full instructor at GUNSITE, hunting guide in Africa, gourmet cook and master of many languages.

When the girls get stupid email, they'll just hunt the guy down...

Michael B, hopefully humorously
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

wheels

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 03:37:41 PM »
As far a a girl on tv talking about guns!! HELL YES. Il Ling New - is a definate canadate in my book. I would love to hear more from her. Something says you can't be an instructor at GUNSITE unless your damn good at it.

But since this is a virtual world, I guess I can design my virtual hostess.

She looks like Angelina Jolie but with less clothes.. <evil grin> Girls in tank tops are just great.. *yes I am a letch*

In fact the outfit would be tank tops and hot pants for the girls.

As long as the girls can shoot, show the cool features of the guns and what makes them important then they can be on TV.

As far as the gay thing.. Your on TV and people are going to throw things at you. It's pretty horrible and it did not help Anna Nicole much. I guess you can she she tried to deal with it in a very strange way.

My suggestion - Take two guns to the range, shoot 2000 rounds and write back to us Monday morning. 

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:47:04 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 04:31:55 PM »
Michael, don't ask, don't tell.   :D

i do think the Hawaiian shirts do need an explanation though . . .

And you forgot the guys at American Rifleman.

As for women on DRTV, I keep telling you, make a deal with Dillon, get their calendar models, and who the hell cares if Cathy can shoot or not??? Just have her show up in the GT-40 with tight jeans and the red bustierre.

I have seen Ms. Il (Ms. New?) and she is indeed awsome.

and yes, Michael, it was humorous.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 04:36:50 PM »
Yeah! Hooter..OOPS I mean SHOOTER girls would be nice!  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »
Maybe what we actually need is a girl in gun television...

WE the viewing public need someone to represent the female side of shooting, hunting and CCW. My wife really needs to hear a woman saying these things. The first one to give a women a featured spot on their show is going to win big time.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 05:42:28 PM »
Two weeks ago Tom Gresham mentioned on his weekly radio show, "GunTalk", that next season's Personal Defense TV will have Il Ling New from Gunsite making regular appearances on self defense training.  She is being added to the regulars on the show; Massad Ayoob, Clint Smith and Dick Metcalf......looking forward to it.  I've heard her interviewed on "GunTalk" several times as well as "Shooting Gallery" this past week and she is outstanding. Great show.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »
WE the viewing public need someone to represent the female side of shooting, hunting and CCW. My wife really needs to hear a woman saying these things. The first one to give a women a featured spot on their show is going to win big time.

I agree BIG TIME with this.  My girl friend was very suprised once she went to the range with me to find other women her age (5x) that were there!  As much as I like 'young and nubile' to look at I think we need an intelligent, pleasent, well spoken 3x - 40 - 50 year old to start talking.  NOT a dillon girl (I can't believe I'm saying this  :o).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk