Author Topic: Eww Rah!  (Read 11052 times)

Badgersmilk

Eww Rah!
« on: April 06, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
"US Marine Corps Sgt. James Lowery was at the drive-in window of a McDonalds in Gardendale, Alabama, while home on leave. “That’s when a man with a .38-cal. handgun ordered him out of his customized Chevy suburban. Lowery complied and got out of his SUV, but the man then shot the Marine in the face. Lowery reached back into his vehicle, drew a .45-cal. pistol and shot his assailant several times. The robber, Thaddeus Antone, was pronounced dead at the scene. Lowery was listed in fair condition at a local hospital.” (Birmingham News, 12/19/02.)"

"Note that the Marine’s .45 decisively ended the encounter in his favor. Note that the man shot in the face with a .38 responded by killing the man who shot him, and that two criminals shot with 9mms were able to perform considerable physical activity before collapsing of their wounds"

SOURCE:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob81.html

Lesson:  If your gonna use a mouse gun...  EMPTY IT!

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: Eww Rah!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »
"US Marine Corps Sgt. James Lowery was at the drive-in window of a McDonalds in Gardendale, Alabama, while home on leave. “That’s when a man with a .38-cal. handgun ordered him out of his customized Chevy suburban. Lowery complied and got out of his SUV, but the man then shot the Marine in the face. Lowery reached back into his vehicle, drew a .45-cal. pistol and shot his assailant several times. The robber, Thaddeus Antone, was pronounced dead at the scene. Lowery was listed in fair condition at a local hospital.” (Birmingham News, 12/19/02.)"

"Note that the Marine’s .45 decisively ended the encounter in his favor. Note that the man shot in the face with a .38 responded by killing the man who shot him, and that two criminals shot with 9mms were able to perform considerable physical activity before collapsing of their wounds"

SOURCE:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob81.html

F with the best..die like the rest!!!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »
He should have use a .22
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »
I think yhat your post should be titled Hooh Rah! not Ewww Rah!. We'll save the latter for the Jack Black-R. Lee Ermey pairing in Saving  Silverman. ;D
FQ13 who still loves his glock

Badgersmilk

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
FQ, The branch I was in made me yell it, not spell it ;D

I seem to remember "Arrrooo" was a popular one to.  Along with a couple other colorfull phrases.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:33:10 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 12:56:30 PM »
FQ, they made me yell it, not spell it ;D

"They" who ?

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 01:00:57 PM »
Great article.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
Ping, check out the magazine and their web page.  OUTSTANDING!

http://www.backwoodshome.com/

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »
Where ?

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 02:48:37 PM »
Badgersmilk. There is more to that mag than I expected. If Massad Ayoob is contributing articles than I am in hands down. Like how it discusses on how to live off the land. Right up my alley. Now if I could just hit the lottery and get the hell out of the city.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk