Author Topic: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?  (Read 47459 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »
Is that Chevy's answer to Taco Bell giving you the wrong food?   ;D  "I SAID I WANTED A CHALUPA WITH THAT!"

Cant wait to see what Dodge, and Ford do to compete!

America after 4 years of Obamanation:

I sooooooooooooo want an armored cattle catcher for my truck!  ;D

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »
Thinking about a "minor" accessory item for the Suburban....

Better stereo than the Abrahms anyway.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syg8POfcd2k
Yeah, it looks pretty good, but all that hot brass might screw up my clearcoat. ;D
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tombogan03884

« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »
And THAT wasn't your first choice?     ;D ;D ;D

I'll take an Abrahms over an M9 anyday!!!! ;D

You don't have to put tracks back on a Beretta.  ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »
Sweet Jesus! I knew the the SS had guys with M4s in those motorcade Suburbans, but good Lord! To show my age "I pity the fool".
FQ13

The guy's in the motorcade are the "Light response team", some where in the background are other vehicles with the "Heavy response team" , up to anti tank and anti air.

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2009, 05:45:04 PM »
If trouble comes you will probly only have what you are carrying.  Right now that would be a S&W J frame with one extra HKS speed loader and Buck pocket knife.  I would not be afraid because I practice with it and can hit what I need to with the little noise maker.   :)
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Sponsor

« Reply #165 on: Today at 02:07:03 AM »

Woody

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2009, 12:23:27 AM »
 A 3.5" Gerber Gator, a 45 and 12 GA. If they are in my yard, they are in my court.

tombogan03884

« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2009, 09:05:18 AM »
A 3.5" Gerber Gator, a 45 and 12 GA. If they are in my yard, they are in my court.

Hey Woody, welcome to the Forum. There is a "New Member intro thread" where you can introduce your self and get a handle on some of these other birds.

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »
I really like the .308 battle rifle. So RRA LAR-8 is one of my first choices. I really liked those FN FALs from DSA Arms as well. So those are my first choices, but since I dont either one of them yet I will just go with the best rifle I got. heres my list of SHTF gear. This is if I have 5 min to get ready-

*Puma 1892 .357

*Glock 19- in Galco Shoulder holster. (Gun under Left arm Double mag holder w/mags full under other)

*1911 on Right Side Hip Serpa Holster or some sort of Kydex Belt holster. Out side waist band. I am not looking for concealment but function. Double mag Holder on left hip.

* In front of Mag holder some sort of battle knife. Ka-Bar, SOG Bowie 2.0, Gerber LMF II. I will carry one of these and have the other two in back pack. And Assisted\Auto opening Folder in Back right-side pocket.

* Back Pack- Loaded with extra .357, .45, .9mm (My reasoning for the three different cal firearms and having three is if I have to go to a Rally Point/Safe Area cause my Home is over ran or is an unsafe area I want to be able to accept what ever ammo is available at RP. Also if you do a battle field pick up and that fire arm is damaged drop the mag take the Ammo. A SHTF situation to me is like invasion or something catastrophic where survival is a must and only option. And that survival means I will have to fight and protect my loved ones. They do not have the training I have and it is my duty to use what I know and protect them.) I want water, socks, and a multi-tool. Gloves, Flashlight, and AA Batteries. Alot of stuff runs off AA. I am playing the odds on that. I wont go into all I have in my Bug-Out Bag but I always have one ready in my closet. Call me paranoid I know but I saw what happens when a country invades another country. I live on the Coast and am in a border state too so who do you think will be invaded first?

Well That is the high points I know it is more than one firearm and not just firearms but I wanted to show I have thought alot about this and I hope that others do as well. I have as many details as possible figured into my plan but I know that if something ever should happen there will be things that I cant control. I just hope I am prepared enough to cope.
Did we win???

Walkeraviator

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »
The good news here is that even though I dont have but one handgun to my name, I am a short drive from Dads where I will find what i need both in firearms and extra hands to help defend the family.  At my disposal are Winchester 94, Remington 7400 w/3-9x40, Browning A-5, Winchester 12g not suer what model, Beretta 96, and with my M&P ensure a good handgun, rifle, and shotgun for each of us.  Add in the women folk who can shoot just as good with a Bersa thunder 380, and some .22's they can slow down teh badguys long enough for us to get a tactical kill in.

Badgersmilk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk