Author Topic: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?  (Read 47597 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 03:21:04 PM »
I SOOOOO gotta get an AK. My wife thinks that would be a downgrade, after all the funds I've diverted to the AR. But when the apocolypse cometh, I want an AK!!!!! ;D
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Imaginos

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »
MY AR, 1911, my 357. . . .   lets be truthful I would grab ALL MY GUNS AND ALL 40,000 ROUNDS OF AMMO

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »
MY AR, 1911, my 357. . . .   lets be truthful I would grab ALL MY GUNS AND ALL 40,000 ROUNDS OF AMMO

Dang.....welcome to the cave......and I'm going with you.    ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »
I SOOOOO gotta get an AK. My wife thinks that would be a downgrade, after all the funds I've diverted to the AR. But when the apocolypse cometh, I want an AK!!!!! ;D
Problem with the AK is that only civilians will have ammo for it, .Gov troops will be using 5.56.  What use is a gun that works if you can't get ammo for it.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Badgersmilk

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 04:17:28 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3irL20faV9U

I'm guessing U.S. Troops probably wont be handing out their .223 ammo...

Vietnames troops cleaned their guns by tieing knots in their shoe laces, dipping them in used motor oil & pulling them through the barrel...  There's a more durrable gun out there???

Most all the AK's being used in Iraq are 7.62.  Even the Soviet block who changed to the smaller caliber is getting requests from troops to go back, and are doing it on a limited basis.  No choice but to use 5.56 for a while because the financial commitment they made to go to it in the first place.  Embarrasing for the politicians who made the decision too.  Why we still use .223 even though our troops beg for .30 cal..

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:36:32 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3irL20faV9U

I'm guessing U.S. Troops probably wont be handing out their .223 ammo...

Vietnames troops cleaned their guns by tieing knots in their shoe laces, dipping them in used motor oil & pulling them through the barrel...  There's a more durrable gun out there???

I think Overload is talking about "battlefield pick-up ammo"......if the poop hits the fan, it would be US Troops you'd be up against, after all....... at least the ones that would actually stand against the Constitution.

correct me if I'm wrong, Overload....
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Badgersmilk

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
Your probably right on his field "pick up ammo" comment.

Just me, but I dont think any of us will survive to see that day.  Our troops proved in new orleans they arent going to turn.  And WILL violate your rights as citizens of the same country.  A person who resists isnt going to last long once found.  You'd be fighting night vision aircraft, THOUSANDS of trained soldiers, armored vehicles, so on, and so on.)  A few hundred rounds will hold you fine against other armed civilians.  Once troops find you its game over if you resist!!!

Just the scenario as it happens in my mind though!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
But, there's not enough troops to handle everyone....
Tom, help me out with the numbers if you're around. Something like 300,000 total troops?
No way they can concentrate on everyone at once.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »
Besides that, they are going to have their hands full protecting the politicians from the angry mob. I doubt they're going to give much thought to some hayseed up in the hills, that only comes out of his cave to hunt and s*#t.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »
the problem would be a large group passing through your area with IR imaging, night vision, aircraft, armored vehicles, exc. doing a "sweep" for weapons.  I think the only chance you have is to find an area rural enough it takes them longer to get to you.  Once in your area.  They WILL find you.  Only a small force would have to remain to control the now unarmed prisoners / citizens who didnt get killed resisting.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best. :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk