Author Topic: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?  (Read 47462 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 05:25:50 PM »
I just don't think it would come to that. I mean, I look at at it this way: I figure at least half of the military is going to to go AWOL, rather than violate their oath to uphold the constitution. This will probably be entire brigades. Second, if the poop really hits the fan, it's going to be anarchy anyway. The military and LE aren't going to be going door to door collecting and searching for weapons, they are going to be barricading, and protecting civilians who can't take care of themselves.
I still say, get out of town, and you'll do okay. You just have to have the mentality that you are going to be self sufficient. Stay in small groups and don't present yourself as a threat.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Timothy

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 05:48:49 PM »
But, there's not enough troops to handle everyone....
Tom, help me out with the numbers if you're around. Something like 300,000 total troops?
No way they can concentrate on everyone at once.

Total Military contingent in 2008 was about 2.8 million combined in Army, Navy, Marine Corp, Air Force and CG...active and reserve.  Add the National Guard that is at state level (unless martial law is called by the Pres.)  It's a bunch of folks.....I'll be in Montana by then, come find me.....

The Marines are about 200K alone.  Can't find any numbers on the Army.....1,088,000 combined active and reserve...

Badgersmilk

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »
Anybody know of any troops that went AWOL in New Orleans?  Could have happened.  I'm curious.  I know most of them said they didnt like doing it.  I never heard of any saying they wouldnt though. >:(

SHOULD the big search day come...  Anybody thought of hiding the guns in the insullation in their attic?  DAMN hard to find with copper wiring and crap running everywhere, and who's the unlucky one striper that gets to hand search everybodies entire attic?  Not going to happen!  Just an idea :)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »
Total Military contingent in 2008 was about 2.8 million combined in Army, Navy, Marine Corp, Air Force and CG...active and reserve.  Add the National Guard that is at state level (unless martial law is called by the Pres.)  It's a bunch of folks.....I'll be in Montana by then, come find me.....

The Marines are about 200K alone.  Can't find any numbers on the Army.....1,088,000 combined active and reserve...

Thanks, I thought I was a few 0's short... but still it's only roughly 10% of total US population?
They will mostly concentrate around metro areas, mostly due to the riots, I would think...at least to begin with...which would leave enough time to either get gone or mobilize small quick-strike units of Militia.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »
Unless things have changed in the Navy in the last thirty years, average squids get NO firearms training except getting familiar with an M9 Beretta, no hand to hand combat training and don't really need to.  They see the benefit of launching a Tomahawk from 200 clicks out so no one can shoot back.  Actually, an aircraft carrier has aboard, to please the masses, nearly 2000 women.  Now, I have no problem with that, but the majority of the folks on an aircraft carrier joined the military to get some college money.  They are there to support the fighter squadron who do the fighting from way up in the air.....The AF ain't much different...

If a company of squids shows up at your door to confiscate your guns, offer them a beer, invite them in and they will probably help you load the trailer for the trip to Montana..... ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:09:51 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 06:45:24 PM »
Dont forget to count all the police, and Fema troops (yes, FEMA "troops").  Check them out on the web.

These cops beat down an old feeble woman.  Things arent going to be a friendly as the media wants you to think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4&feature=related

Just give it some serious thought, it'll be to late once the "poops in the propeller".  The more people that are prepared, and DO resist, the more time it will buy us all to do last minute stuff, and "get out of dodge".   Sit back and think it wont happen and your just another sheep waiting for the wolves. :(  (with a lot of money wasted on the guns they just took)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 06:58:48 PM »
Actually I want weigh in on the bugout idea if we're taking about a major disaster, complete with looting and such. Form my vantage point in Fl. Its probably a bad idea unless you go very early. The problem is too little road for too many folks. All of them are leaving at once. When Houston was threatened by either Katrina or the one after there all sorts of folks who ran out gas in the gridlock, creating hazards for those bebind them and leaving them SOL with no shelter. And don'think you're the only one who's thought of using the backroads. It seems the best plan is to have about 30 days food and water and shelter in place. This doesn't need to be survival stuf. Most of mine is beans and and rice and pasta etc that I'm going to eat anyway. I flesh this out in May with things like no refrig bacon, summer suascage, pizza crusts I can put jarred sauce on etc. I just triple buy my cans and replace them when I use them. I have 4 cans propane for the grill and a coleman stove. As far as guns go, the cops should't bother if you stay home. My  imprersion was in NO, except for the crooks who were just shaking people down was that it became an issue when people were leaving with them visible. I any case it seems that if we do what we always do, carry concealed, it should be much less of  a problem. That being said I'll be using my Glock and a Merkel 12 gauge.
If we're talking a red dawn scenarion I'm on fast boat headed 60 miles east.
FQ13

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
FEMA Troops....... not discounting them as a potential factor, but I can't help but to conjure up images of a group of folks showing up three days after the campfire is out, holding a bag of marshmallows........
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Badgersmilk

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2009, 07:18:59 PM »
It does sound goofy.  But FEMA troops are trained as special forces teams...  With all the military, AND police coming down on you.  Well.  I really cant depict it any better than what you see in the videos. :(

What you see in the videos already happened!  Of course they now tell you it was a big mistake the last time, so you stay nice well trained sheep and fall right into place when they do it again.  Dont kid youselves thinking "it wont be like that".  It already WAS like that.

You have car insurance, house insurance, life insurance.  Being prepared for this is no different.  It's freedom insurance!  Or as close as we can come to it. 

Take it serious now, or wish you had in the prison camp later.  "Baaaahhhh, it cant happen to me." says the nieve little sheep.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »
Everyone has to have a place to sleep and eat.

We all have families to worry about.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk