Author Topic: So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?  (Read 12323 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »
it depends, The federal goldmedal mathc, its pretty much a wash.  When your paying $.50-.75 per bullet, add in powder primers and case life.  your right at the retail price.  Granted you can tweak with hand loads.  My point is when you compare identical loads, you would be shocked at how close prices can become.  Up until a year ago, 9MM win white box was actually cheaper to buy it then it was to recreate the load. 

I also disagree with the every one needs to roll thier own.  Far to many idiots out there.  Every one on this forum knows that guy... you know the one where he owns guns, but shouldn't. 

;D"That guy" Should absolutely be reloading just like everybody else!  If he "knows to much" to follow instructions, or respect what he's working with, what quicker way could there be to rid the world of him? ;)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:49 PM »
;D"That guy" Should absolutely be reloading just like everybody else!  If he "knows to much" to follow instructions, or respect what he's working with, what quicker way could there be to rid the world of him? ;)

Only problem with that theory is I don't want to a victim of his collateral damage.       ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 09:00:33 PM »
I got a spanish Mauser from a friend, in 7.62x39, it functions but does not out shoot my Sks, it is rather nice looking, with a Boyd sporter stock and such, 3x9 cheapy scope and I am shooting Norinco Milsurp through it, I have not slugged the barrel yet to see if it is .308 or .311, that is the next step, and then try some gas checked heavy lead bullets in the 180grn range. The rounds are so short compared to the magazine length, that I could load the bullets out 1/2" and not have any problem in the magazine.

Price 125 bucks, if it shows promise with handloading, I'll get a timney trigger for it.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »
Spanish Mauser X39 ? I thought those were all X51 (nato) or was this re barreled ?

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
It is a rebarrel, ergo the question as to the diameter.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:27:07 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:52 AM »

I don't want to be anywhere near some one that is either "pushing the limits" or is making reloading mistakes.

Also most people don't fallow instructions.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 11:57:19 AM »
I don't want to be anywhere near some one that is either "pushing the limits" or is making reloading mistakes.

They go to the instructions to find out why the first attempt went wrong  ;D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 03:35:33 PM »

+1 ;D

In this case they'd have plenty of time for review in their hospital bed. ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 05:53:41 PM »

when I was in college I spent a xmas season working in toys'r' us.  putting bikes and other things toegther and the like.

One of the playskool products had these pins that once pushed in did not come out.

Anyways, the 1st page of the instructions had, table of contents... etc  page 2 had this :

"now that you have attempted to asymble this product and failed, thank you for reading the instructions."
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 09:28:42 AM »

You drive on the Freeway don't you? What's the difference?

it depends, The federal goldmedal mathc, its pretty much a wash.  When your paying $.50-.75 per bullet, add in powder primers and case life.  your right at the retail price.  Granted you can tweak with hand loads.  My point is when you compare identical loads, you would be shocked at how close prices can become.  Up until a year ago, 9MM win white box was actually cheaper to buy it then it was to recreate the load. 

I also disagree with the every one needs to roll thier own.  Far to many idiots out there.  Every one on this forum knows that guy... you know the one where he owns guns, but shouldn't. 

I can reload 100 rounds of 9MM for less than half of the cost of 50 WWB. And no, I never try to recreate a factory load. As far as componet cost, I always buy in BULK. The primers I use were purchased 5 years ago and the brass was picked up at the range. The bullets are lead or plated and cost less than $80 per 1000. The point is to be able to shoot. PERIOD. Even the indoor ranges are allowing reloads now. THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS WHEN NO ONE HAS BULLETS!
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk