Author Topic: songs to help in troubled times; post your favs  (Read 189355 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
songs to help in troubled times; post your favs
« on: April 12, 2009, 01:45:58 AM »
I was thinkng that in times like these, that a bit of music might not go amiss. There are lots of us who are having a hard time of thngs right now. What do you listen to? Me, I like country, bluegrass, celtic folk,swing, and a bit of punk just for spice.Maybe post your favorites here and we can broaden each others horizons and learn a bit more about each other without arguing on the politics board. After all, music soothes the savage beast. Willy, Marley, The Dead Kennedys, Satchmo, Muddy Waters,ICE T, take your pick. Choose a song, or three and post it.Me, I'm in an introspective mood and I'll go with the Boss.
fightingquaker13

Screw youtube and Sony.
Here's the song.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjmfm_shenandoah-bruce-springsteen_music

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
Re: songs to help in troubled times; post your favs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:03:34 AM »
It makes me miss my Grandpa but that Jamey Johnson "in Color" is really good.  Brad Pasley's "when you get where your going," Mel McDaniels "baby's got her blue jeans on,"  Sweet Home Alabama, Hank Jr's "A Country boy can survive,"  Charlie Daniel's What this world needs is a few more Rednecks, There's an old Church hymn "It is well with my soul." "He Lives" Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55" David Allen Coe's "take this job and shove it" has gotten me through a few rough days at work, I detest alcohol by "five o'clock somewhere" always lifts my spirits, Margerttaville, Blake Shelton "Somebeach", ANYTHING by Alabama, Jo Dee Messina's Bye, bye, the concert version of Friends in low places helped with a couple break ups. Brad Paisley's I'm gonna miss her is absolutely hilarous,  Ahab the arab how can you not laugh at a camel named Clyde.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 02:16:53 AM »
OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVVFKjN0Dc
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 02:29:26 AM »

Okay peg , you're just toying with me now. You know how much I miss Austin and Antones and the Aramadillo World Headquaters. That was just mean. Fine. You want to play that way, I'll see you and raise you this. (But don't say I didn't warn you 8)).
FQ13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ZPMScX9-k

Dakotaranger

• Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:38:28 AM »

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:49:01 AM »
I don't want to make this all about SRV, but, "Sky is Crying", "Texas Flood", "Look at Little Sister".  Then I switch it over to some Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, and Alice In Chains to pick me up.  Then listen to some Nugent to balance it all out.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 02:49:10 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J3j74R9dbw
Now thats what I'm talking about! Good lord, thats worth the price of admision right there. I never got to see John Lee Hooker play live but I have a whole lot of very worn casettes that I have listened to a zillion times I hope this thread keeps growing because so far, people's taste in music is as good as their taste in guns. Screw politics, lets focus on the important stuff.
FQ13 who is grateful for having seen that  

Dakotaranger

• Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 02:51:41 AM »
Was going to put ZZ Top's GUn love, but You tube doesn't have the audio.

Dakotaranger

• Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 03:09:48 AM »
Nothing brightens my day like a good fiddle song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnepPZChA5U

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 03:19:45 AM »
I am in a much better mood since my first post seeing the superb tastethat this group has in music. As I am now officially unemployed I no longer have even a profesional interest in politics. This means that I can focus on the important things in life, hunting, fishing, guns and music. I have to say I like it! At the risk of dating myself I will post this (and if anyone asks those parachute pants were very very tactical, just ask pincus ;D).
FQ13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThfUZ9p-95U

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk