Author Topic: NRA Annual Meeting Coverage - what do you want to see?  (Read 6028 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
Re: NRA Annual Meeting Coverage - what do you want to see?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »
Russian .223 $145 for 500 rounds (barnal primed).

Is that the zinc plated steel?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
Is that the zinc plated steel?

New production 2008 by Barnaul.  55 grain full metal jacket, lead core, steel case. Berdan primed, non-corrosive
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

azshooter270

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 12:00:55 AM »
My wife and I went up for the weekend. 

More black guns than you could shake a stick at.  Not that I mind.  I just thought it would be interesting to compare an NRA meeting of 20 years ago and the guns and stuff there to what was at the annual meeting this year.  Probably very, very different.  The black gun guys all started to look alike.  They all had "the best, the most accurate", etc., etc.

I gotta say, I was really smitten with the KAHR guns there.  I want one.  The P9 fit me like a glove.  But seems like I've seen negative posts on Kahr's?  Comments?

Talked to most of the ammo and bullet manufacturers and complained about not being able to buy anything.  They were pretty much tired of hearing the complaints.  Hornady guy told me that they had almost tripled their employees trying to to keep up with demand.

I don't know how many they were expecting, but there were a ton of people there!

It was fun.  Really expected to go to the convention area for half a day or so, and ended up spending about 14 hours over 3 days there.

NavyVet

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 02:45:13 PM »
My son and I went on Saturday.

It was definitely worth the 64 mike round trip and the $12 parking.
I finally met Marshal and Marshal'ette Halloway at the NRA Meeting after all these years of working for them at CAS City. I was not the least bit disappointed. Felt like meeting up with family at the Meeting, instead of meeting face to face for the first time.

Too bad we did not have more time to spend together. What a great couple! I am very happy to be associated with such fine folk, but they had taping to do, and me and my son wanted to see all the new toys!

Checked out Ruger's booth real good and walked away wanting several of their guns. I'm thinking a new SR9 is gonna be in my future.

Really enjoyed the day!
When I enlisted in the Untied States Navy, I swore an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States"...
...I have never been relieved of that oath.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 10:05:19 PM »
I gotta say, I was really smitten with the KAHR guns there.  I want one.  The P9 fit me like a glove.  But seems like I've seen negative posts on Kahr's?  Comments?........

My wife bought a PM-9 Kahr after she decided the Glock 19 she wanted that I gave her from Christmas (with earrings in the gun case, of course) was too large tote around in her purse.  She went...on her own mind you...looking on the internet and shopping at Lash's Gun Emporium in Tulsa...came home with the Kahr and loves it.  Hundreds of rounds...no failures.

I shot it...it's a really solid performer.  They recommend 200 rounds before carry to break it in.  It's super, the right size and solid.  I'm getting wound up to buy a Kahr 40 cal here in a couple of weeks for a carry gun...I really like them.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:40:35 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 10:11:19 PM »
My wife and I went up for the weekend. 

More black guns than you could shake a stick at.  Not that I mind.  I just thought it would be interesting to compare an NRA meeting of 20 years ago and the guns and stuff there to what was at the annual meeting this year.  Probably very, very different.  The black gun guys all started to look alike.  They all had "the best, the most accurate", etc., etc.

I gotta say, I was really smitten with the KAHR guns there.  I want one.  The P9 fit me like a glove.  But seems like I've seen negative posts on Kahr's?  Comments?

Talked to most of the ammo and bullet manufacturers and complained about not being able to buy anything.  They were pretty much tired of hearing the complaints.  Hornady guy told me that they had almost tripled their employees trying to to keep up with demand.

I don't know how many they were expecting, but there were a ton of people there!

It was fun.  Really expected to go to the convention area for half a day or so, and ended up spending about 14 hours over 3 days there.

As far as I know the only negatives about KAHR is that the Owner is the son of Rev Moon of the Unification Church  (Moonies )

Timothy

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 07:05:09 AM »

The ironic thing about the Kahr pistols.....they are made in Worcester, MA about 20 miles from where I live.  The Chief of Police in that town is a real PITA about issuing carry permits to his citizenry.  The POS even tried to make a local ordinance to prevent people from carrying pocketknives without an FID card.

I looked into them because their local but changed my mind because, like S&W, they seem to get a pass when it comes to making the so called "Approved Firearms" list in MA.  That and I find them really overpriced for what your getting and takedown is kind of hinky!  Never had the chance to hold one because no one ever has any in the stores I frequent.

azshooter270

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »
My wife bought a PM-9 Kahr after she decided the Glock 19 she wanted that I gave her from Christmas (with earrings in the gun case, of course) was too large tote around in her purse.  She went...on her own mind you...looking on the internet and shopping at Lash's Gun Emporium in Tulsa...came home with the Kahr and loves it.  Hundreds of rounds...no failures.

I shot it...it's a really solid performer.  They recommend 200 rounds before carry to break it in.  It's super, the right size and solid.  I'm getting wound up to buy a Kahr 40 cal here in a couple of weeks for a carry gun...I really like them.

You said PM-9 which is the smaller one.  My pinkie finger falls off the grip on this gun, and I thought 9mm maybe is just too much for this small of a gun.  So I'm very interested in your experience with it.  You don't find it too much?  The P-9 I can get all my fingers on, but of course it is bigger, so proportionately less concealable.  You're looking at 40 in which size gun?

Thanks

mudman

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »
The daughter picked out a K-40 loves it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk