Author Topic: WORLD EVENTS  (Read 4245 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
WORLD EVENTS
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »
World events are shaping up pretty good now.  I was "off the grid" working the last week, but when I look up at the news I am so encouraged about what's going on and how my confidence is inspired under our fine national leadership.  Let's see, what's hot right now:

North Korea just detonated a nuke the size of Hiroshima and has more.
North Korea is ramping up the rhetoric and making more threats.
Japan is jumping out of their skin on this one.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the nuclear issue is over, time to move on.
Iran has sent 6 naval warships on the high seas.
Iran is rejecting all western nuclear proposals (gee, who would have thought that?)
Ahmadinejad wants to debate BHO on “world problems and collective cooperation.”
50% of Israelis want an immediate strike on Iran (gettin' a bit late on that one)
Nancy Pelosi is off chasing rainbows and unicorns in China to get out of town for lying and pissing off the CIA to talk about energy and global climate change.
Sikh's are rioting in India because some Sikh killed another one in Austria.
Europe's demographics are to get really messy in a few years....the melting pot is bubbling right now.
Some idiot (eco-industrial-corporate-anarchist terrorist?) made a statement with a little bomb at a Starbucks in NY.
Everyone seems to have forgotten about Pakistan's nukes are close to falling into Taliban hands.
How about....mooslim terrorists?
The US economy has tanked and...
BHO is our Commander-in-Chief

I think it is somewhat Pollyanish to sleep any better now than at the height of the Cold War.  It'll just come in smaller, somewhat surreal, chunks now.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

mudman

Re: WORLD EVENTS
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »
Yep looks good gottem just where we want them. nottttttttt .

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »
Yeah, and that is the good news.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 05:33:06 AM »
From this morning's news:

Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the momentum in Afghanistan is with the Taliban, who are inflicting heavy U.S. casualties and hold de facto control of swaths of the country.

I wonder who is supporting the Taliban with arms and other supplies?  Are they still running on stockpiles?

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 09:37:28 AM »
From this morning's news:

Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the momentum in Afghanistan is with the Taliban, who are inflicting heavy U.S. casualties and hold de facto control of swaths of the country.

I wonder who is supporting the Taliban with arms and other supplies?  Are they still running on stockpiles?

Wouldn't surprise me if the were still going on stockpiles that WE sent to them. We sent enough weapons and ammo in there when the Muj were fighting the soviets to fight Vietnam 5 times over, not to mention what Russia just up and left when they pulled out. But like you I figure they gotta run out of supplies at some point right?
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:50:46 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 11:14:15 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me if the were still going on stockpiles that WE sent to them. We sent enough weapons and ammo in there when the Muj were fighting the soviets to fight Vietnam 5 times over, not to mention what Russia just up and left when they pulled out. But like you I figure they gotta run out of supplies at some point right?
And then the rogue (and I use the term loosely) elements in Paki ISI will keep up the supply, or the Iranians, who hate the Taliban but want to keep us busy. The question we need to ask is, what do we have that the Macedonians the Brits and the Russians didn't? I'm thinking its time to look for an attainable political solution in the next couple of years. If not, every dead civilian puts another clan against us. Nobody likes foreign troops on their soil and the Afghans less than most.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 11:17:15 AM »
Right after an underground Nuke test N Korea test fires 2 more missiles.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090526/ap_on_re_as/as_koreas_nuclear

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »
Why am I afraid that bho is getting one giant red F after another on all of these tests?

Why am I afraid the msm will pass him anyway?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:45:49 AM »
Why am I afraid that bho is getting one giant red F after another on all of these tests?

Why am I afraid the msm will pass him anyway?

Could be because even BIDEN said that a young, President with no practicle experience would be tested by foriegners within 6 months.
The MSM have repeated proven that the annointed one can do no wrong, look how they covered up the panic in NY he spent $360,000 to cuase with his "photo op" by plastering the news with the "Swine Flu" scare that has proved to be a big flop.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Russia fears Korea conflict could go nuclear - Ifax

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-39913120090527

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk